• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

bastard hackers

Started by TheJamsh, June 24, 2009, 01:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Apparently, im going to have my myspace account hacked into by an obbsessive **** in the states.

My myspace profile points to my e-mail which is used for EVERYTHING. including this forum. The person is using a hacked account already, and has made a (sad) attempt at trying to get nudity from me, something which would never happen anyway, but its besides the point.

If he hacks that, hell probably get into my mail as well, which means this forum. So if posts start cropping up that arnt 'like me' then it probably isnt me.

This is NOT what i need right now. If there are any ways of preventing it id be interested.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

VSMIT

Change all of your passwords?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

Done it multiple times, and changed the contact e-mail address to a different one.

Gah this is such a burden...

Nielk1

You're fault for a simple password.
Or he used an exploit and hence doesn't have your password.
Most likely he used something that hashed the same, so I know BZComplex is safe since it uses a different hashing algorithm than anything else.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Change the email used on Myspace to something else?

If we notice anything unusual, we'll tell him to piss off, don't worry.

Who is this guy anyway? Any idea?

Clavin12

Probly doesn't care anything about bz2 anyhow so he probably would leave this forum alone.
C l a v i n 1 2

squirrelof09

fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

AHadley

It's myspace anyway, and Facebook don't like getting involved in any circumstances.

squirrelof09

Myspace, sorry. I've had to contact facebook disabling my facebook account randomly. I got a reply within 24 hours and it was unlocked. Apparently my account was flagged as a bot by their system
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

cheesepuffly

I sometimes wonder what those people are like in real life....
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Feared_1

Quote from: cheesepuffly on June 24, 2009, 03:31:11 PM
I sometimes wonder what those people are like in real life....

This is why they do it over the internet instead.

Change your e-mail password and you should be good. I highly doubt anything bad will happen to your account on this particular site.

TheJamsh

ive changed the account password AND the e-mail address. hipefully there arnt any tails that lead to my proper used e-mail address. had to set one up to change it though, but never mind.

i doubt theres any exploit as such, but i dont know, hes using a hacked account to do it as it is. it sounds like a bit of a prat of an ex-boyfriend to me, as it seems to be his ex-girlfriends account hes using, hence the part about nudity. some people never grow up. updated my security settings to the max.

Red Devil

I'll ban your account for now in case this isn't you...
What box???

Sonic

Quote from: Nielk1 on June 24, 2009, 01:48:06 PM
You're fault for a simple password.
Or he used an exploit and hence doesn't have your password.
Most likely he used something that hashed the same, so I know BZComplex is safe since it uses a different hashing algorithm than anything else.
I would argue myspace's fault more than his. You do know on multiple occasions, intruders have gotten the entire PLAIN TEXT password database from them right?
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

cheesepuffly

Quote from: Sonic on June 24, 2009, 07:32:01 PM
I would argue myspace's fault more than his. You do know on multiple occasions, intruders have gotten the entire PLAIN TEXT password database from them right?

Myspace is fairly popular thus meaning there will be alot of hackers. Unless myspace's security just plan sucks balls, im sure tons of people want to hack it cause there are a ton of things to get there.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!