• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Story submission for the project (rough)

Started by Mr X, July 04, 2009, 01:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

I like things with physics. Physics and Cerberi :P

Mr X

Quote from: AHadley on July 05, 2009, 05:26:38 AM
I like things with physics. Physics and Cerberi :P

Might be able to help you there, as time travel allows you to write any of the other races in. ;)
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

AHadley

:lol: I was joking about mine, I get the Cerberi. They're in MY storyline, not yours! :P

Mr X

But then we can't have the possibly uber cool storyline I was thinking up that can work with time travel, in which every race that has appeared so far has a cameo mission. :cry:
starting January 2010!

VSMIT

Quote from: AHadley on July 06, 2009, 12:27:22 PM
:lol: I was joking about mine, I get the Cerberi. They're in MY storyline, not yours! :P
Nuh uh!  They were in aRc since before you even thought about modding!
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

VSMIT

In b4 "They were in FE before anything else, so there."
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

Well, FE invented the Cerberi, didn't it?

bb1

For an added plot twist... at some point your small research team flies through one and BOOM you're in the middle of the biometal wars. The crazy things that could come of that.

Feared_1

Quote from: bb1 on July 08, 2009, 10:58:20 AM
For an added plot twist... at some point your small research team flies through one and BOOM you're in the middle of the biometal wars. The crazy things that could come of that.

It would be interesting to go back in time back to an actual FE mission where you can see Joseph Corber (SP?) building a base while you do your own thing :)

AHadley

That would be interesting. Bear in mind that the guy who played Corbin (Chipotle?) will be very hard to find. Lizard, Slaor and Black Manatee don't know where he is.

Mr X

I actually was planning on making the storyline visit a battle that would cause conflict within the scions, something along the lines of the bad guys of the story entering a battle of the ISDF wars against the scions which the ISDF should win, but they mess things up so that the scions are winning. This leaves the scions with no choice but to occupy ISDF tanks and fight their own ancestors. I think it would be a very interesting peice of storyline to handle.
starting January 2010!

VSMIT

I got bored in class yesterday and wrote this.  Maybe I should have paid more attention to the teacher, but whatever. :-D

Long ago on ancient Icarus, the two races of the Cthonian people lived in a constant struggle for power.  However, there were two underground factions within both races, who wished to put an end to the fighting and work together for the betterment of both sides.  These two "splinter" factions eventually met and formed an alliance, working secretly to end the war.  This group was composed of scientists, philosophers and warriors, from both sides, all working together.  When they realized that nothing they could do would stop the fighting, they decided to leave and create a new society, a hybrid culture of both Olympians and Hadeans, where all were equal, and, best of all, there was no fighting.  The Hadean and Olympian scientists put aside their differences and pooled their efforts in understanding biometal, and together developed a new strain.  Along with the "blink" property,  the ability to travel through time was discovered.  Upon attempts to build ships with this new biometal however, they discovered it to be very brittle, and thus, hull integrity suffered greatly.  The new strain truly found its place when being used for portals.  Because of the strength issues, these portals were not made completely out of this new strain.  The portal ring was fabricated from the new strain, but everything was held together with Paternus's "golden" strain.

These portals were controlled by "keys."  These keys would activate any portal, and destination coordinates were programmed into individual keys.  In this way, any portal could go anywhere, if you had the right key.

When the Hadean Crown discovered this new Cthonian race and the technology they possessed, they decided to attack and take the technology for themselves (How better to defeat the Olympians than in their infancy?).  When the new race (Name pending?) discovers this, they decide that they will fight to defend themselves, and create a diversion while they escape into the mists of time.

When they escaped into the first portal, they destroyed every other portal to keep the Hadeans from following them.  However, a Hadean squad followed them through.  The ______ closed the portal and sent the key with their destination to the Olympians, to keep the Cthonian balance of power in check (Hadeans control portal, Olympians control key).  Once they discovered that the Hadeans had followed them through the portal, they began to create more portals.  They would open the portal, hide the key, travel through it, then shut the portal.  Every time they traveled, the Hadeans would follow them.  This continued for years, many portals were created, and many ______ died.  Eventually, they stopped.  They said enough.  They settled on a new planet (The location of which is lost in time), and built factories, documented their history and scientific achievements, and lived peacefully.  Until the Hadeans found them.  Once this happened, they realized that they could not continue running.  In order to protect their technology, they waited until the Hadeans landed on the planet, and released an airborne toxin, lethal to animal-based life.  Plants were not affected by this, so the planet retained an atmosphere, keeping the planet "alive" for when it would be discovered.  If a person traveled through the portals and found all of the keys, they would arrive at the ______ planet and gain the technology of time.  Their only hope was that the group that discovered the technology would use it for good, and not evil...

TheJamsh

i like VSMIT's backstory.

actually... i quite like this storyline altogether... my fave for the CP so far.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley