• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Story submission for the project (rough)

Started by Mr X, July 04, 2009, 01:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr X

I think the third Cthonian faction should be called the Gaians, Gaia was the Greek Goddess of the Earth and Earth is in the middle of heaven and hell. Just as the Gaians were caught in the middle of two opposite factions.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

VSMIT

But what did you think of my backstory?  Since it's your main story, after all.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Mr X

Sorry, I was about to comment but then the microwave went *ding* and I went to get my dinner and just clicked post. :P

Its very good, I certainly liked it anyway, and your explanation of time travel has gotten me out of a very tough spot.

Also, I've posted an idea in BBB's thread about how our two stories could be linked, what does everyone else think?
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

VSMIT

I think stories should stay separate for now, at least until they get finalized.  Then once decisions start to get made, we can combine parts of stories.

Oh, and no problem about the tough spot.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

Quote from: Mr X on July 08, 2009, 12:38:30 PM
I think the third Cthonian faction should be called the Gaians, Gaia was the Greek Goddess of the Earth and Earth is in the middle of heaven and hell. Just as the Gaians were caught in the middle of two opposite factions.

Very clever.

Feared_1

I like this story (the backstory makes it even better), but I think it would get just a little repetitive: Follow, build, destroy, continue. Follow, build, destroy, continue.

Nice work.

VSMIT

Part of the gameplay would be fixing history discrepencies created by the mod's main enemy. Think about it this way: Imagine that the Big Bad had killed Cooke just before his mission to destroy the Scion main computer. Playing as a Scion pilot, imagine the emotion going through your character as he receives the order to correct history by destroying the computer. That would break most people.

bb1

Alright, so who here can sound anything like Collins?

-Keeping in mind Collins was heavily edited by voice modulation software. Be cool to open a mission with him giving orders for a BZ1 mission- but then notices a disturbance forming. He sends the grizzleys at you but you can not interact with them in any way or else time is screwed. Things could get really interesting really fast, this CP sounds as if it could go past 20 levels of considerable length.

Nielk1

Chthonians are the Greek gods and goddesses of Earth and the Underworld. Battlezone uses this word to describe the 'gods' as a whole. Inventing the term Hadeans for use for those from Hadese. This still leaves the Earth, and Heaven.

Olympians introduces the Greek pantheon and features the Olympian gods and goddesses. In Battlezone this is more the Mt. Olympus group.

Titans are the beings who ruled before the coming of the Olympians.

Now, using this information, what would the name of the middle ground be?
Technically they are Cthonians by the definition. Battlezone invents the term Hadeans so maybe we need to invent our own? Gaia is a Titan, or rather the mother of the Titans, so this name is not fitting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Greek_words_with_English_derivatives

Ge = Earth
theos = a god
kruptos = hidden
kratos = power, rule
lāos = people
philia/philos = friendship/friend

Gailos?

I got nothin'

Click on the image...

Angstromicus

Well, they were a secret faction.

Kruptophilia  :-D? kinda sounds like a disease

Or maybe Kruptophilos/Kruphilos?

AHadley

Philia is also a suffix meaning 'fetish for'

Angstromicus

Hmmmm, I don't think this is gonna work out so well with that :-(. What would the Kruptophili- I mean Kruptophilos do   :lol:? They wouldn't want to be known as a type of fetish. They wouldn't want to be mistaken as a fetish. Gaians sounds like a good ol' down-to-earth name to me. It would be a good code-name for a secret faction trying to establish common ground.

Axeminister

I truly like the story. Going from one time to the next, fixing things, hiding from Hadean patrols, hiding keys. Sounds like good ways to go from one mission to the next, with a battle on a different planet here and there in time. 
What to name them though. "scientists, philosophers and warriors" hmmmm.
A question, this seems to only introduce one new Cthonian faction as a new race for our CP. If there is room for two then definately let us meet the mongrels from General Hoohah's storyline.

There is no knowledge that is not power.

AHadley

Oh yes. Hzarzk... :D

That could even be the cause of the damage in time, so it could be the Hzarzk that you are fighting through most missions... hmm...

Angstromicus

I was thinking of a race that used extremely robust units - but relatively few of them. Say, perhaps tanks that are at least five times tougher than an ISDF Sabre and are the same size, but are quite expensive to build. These units would be made of quite dense biometal.