• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Adding Stock Voiceovers To Keys

Started by Red Devil, July 18, 2009, 12:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

Copy bzgame_keys.cfg to addon and add this:

Bind("-shift Numpad0", "Game.playsound team0112.wav; network.chateditline 'DEFEND MY TARGET!' ;network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad1", "Game.playsound team0102.wav; network.chateditline 'RETURN TO BASE!' ;network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad2", "Game.playsound team0103.wav; network.chateditline 'I NEED SERVICE!' ;network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad3", "Game.playsound team0104.wav; network.chateditline 'I`M ON FOOT!' ;network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad4", "Game.playsound team0105.wav; network.chateditline 'I LOST MY SHIP!' ;network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad5", "Game.playsound team0108.wav; network.chateditline 'WE`RE UNDER ATTACK!' ;network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad6", "Game.playsound team0109.wav; network.chateditline 'TAKE COMMAND!' ;network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad7", "Game.playsound team0113.wav; network.chateditline 'DEFENDING!' ;network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad8", "Game.playsound team0114.wav; network.chateditline 'I`M GOING ON OFFENSE!' ;network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad9", "Game.playsound team0115.wav; network.chateditline 'I NEED A SHIP!' ;network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad.", "Game.playsound team0116.wav; network.chateditline 'PROTECT THE SCAVENGERS!' ;network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad/", "Game.playsound team0110.wav; network.chateditline 'ACKNOWLEDGED!' ;network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad*", "Game.playsound team0111.wav; network.chateditline 'NEGATIVE!' ;network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift NumpadEnter", "Game.playsound team0101.wav; network.chateditline 'I NEED HELP!' ;network.chatline.entered");

Or you can replace the sounds and text with anything you want.

I think only you can hear the voiceover, tho.
What box???

TheJamsh

like newkeys with sound :), very nice...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Scout

heh I remember when lubberlick requested that feature be added..

Damn that was a long time ago.

Fixxxer

I just stumbled across the team VO file.  Is there any possibility of adding some or all of these  in a future 1.3 release?  I know some of them would be pretty dang usefull.

Zero Angel

These are all pretty redundant if you ask me. Well except for maybe the 'retreat' and 'going on offense' VO's. It would be neat if you could get other players to hear them.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Scout

The ability to hit a bind and having other people on your team hear a sound has been a feature in 1.3 for a long time

lubber lick requested it, request granted, it worked.. haven't seen anyone use it since.

the drawback was, people had to download the sound file you wanted them to play.

So you had to make a sound pack of sorts and distribute it.

and the inner team VO's in tribes/tribes2 were incredibly useful, but the teams and maps were much bigger, like 64vs64 on a 1mile x 1mile map

also I think lubber was trying to integrate this feature with jabbapops chat mod (bzerc utility)

TheJamsh

So correct me if i'm wrong, these newkeys will play the sound on the other users PC's (if chat is open to them), so long as they have newkeys and the .wav files installed on there machine?

Addon pack would allow people to toggle this on/off. If Zero Angel doesn't mind, i could edit his newkeys like above to include .wav files, but someone would have to provide some VO's for it. Any takers?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Scout

the fuction was requested by lubber, and added in one of the early 1.3 patchs

I think if the file is already on the other client it'll play it, sound files that come with bz should work? not 100% there i wasnt the one touching the mod files, and this was a long time ago.

Newkeys isnt directly related, but I guess you could edit them to do that.

Probably how it was done the first time around anyways

Red Devil

It just plays the sound on your end as far as i know.  I just made it so that i could get a VO when I hit my number keys is all.
What box???

Scout

Yeah thats what it seems its limit is from reading the changelog..
I guess lubber was trying to see if it'd work over the network with some tweaks or something...  :?

oh well 

Fixxxer

I think there is a mix up.  I don't want to add sounds.  I'm asking if we could expand the players F key menu options with some of the already stock sounds like "protect the scavengers".  I figured since everyone has them there wouldn't be any problems.  Just thought it would be cool.