• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Proposed history for the 3rd Cthonian faction

Started by Mr X, August 27, 2009, 12:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should the third Cthonian faction be called?

Phosphornii
Phosphorii

mrtwosheds

In the interest of avoiding possible future duplicated asset Issue's,
"ALL INFERIOR SPECIES ARE TO BE CONSIDERED THE ENEMY OF THE DALEKS AND DESTROYED!" THOSE WHO'S NAME STARTS WITH D ARE FIRST ON THE LIST!  :-D

Clavin12

Athenians, after goddess of wisdom. They where the people who invented biometal so they'd have to be "wise"

Oh and if they invented time travel they could be named after Chronos keeper of time. (not to be confused with titan Cronos)

or maybe Promethians after Prometheus who gave fire to mankind, just like the cthonian third faction gave biometal to mankind.
C l a v i n 1 2

mrtwosheds

What my masters are trying to say is, they dream of a (BZ2) Universe where all the races do battle, so that they can prove their ultimate supremacy. Although there is no immediate need to worry about duplicating race name ID's for the community project, but it is worth considering right at the start, that each race use one that is unique within the BZ2 universe, So you could call them Demetrians, but use the ID of J or k for example. Or just call them Jemetrians  :-D

TheJamsh

I already shotgunned Athenians... me and General Hoohah had a massive arguement about it. Repeatedly. Please dont put me through that again...

For the Record:

The Pathan Clan
Serenese
Athenians
New Olympians
Colonies
Feint
Meth (or something not related to drugs beginning with m...)
Various Pirates
QF 2
Raiders
AAN
Black Cerberi
Hadeans
Rebel Hadeans
Scion Collective
EDF

i think thats every name in my mod... but theres one more i think...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

Mr X

Quote from: Clavin12 on September 01, 2009, 09:35:10 AM
Athenians, after goddess of wisdom. They where the people who invented biometal so they'd have to be "wise"

Oh and if they invented time travel they could be named after Chronos keeper of time. (not to be confused with titan Cronos)

or maybe Promethians after Prometheus who gave fire to mankind, just like the cthonian third faction gave biometal to mankind.

1) Metis was the other Goddess of wisdom ¬_¬ Not to mention the fact that I don't think it should be Athenians because Athena was an Olympian God.

2) Actually, Chronos could work...

3) I believe there has already been reference to a completely seperate race to the Cthonians called the Prometheans, so we can't use it I'm afraid.

@gegc, The Cthonians don't give humanity biometal, we just found it.

Hestia was goddess of the home, you seem to be mixed up. (Also an Olympian, so I don't think we can use it, same goes for Demeter)

I'm going to open the floor up to suggestions, any nominations that I don't see a problem with will go into a poll. Chronos is what I personally like at the moment though.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

AHadley

Prometheans already exist in Fleshstorm, AFAIK the only truly canon mod apart from FE. They used Biometal as a poison against the Swarm, long before the Cthonians. BBB has the rest, not sure how much he'll give us.

iron maiden

how about either
A. Herculians, after hercules
B.typhonii, after the titan Typhon
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Mr X

Quote from: iron maiden on September 01, 2009, 04:39:29 PM
how about either
A. Herculians, after hercules
B.typhonii, after the titan Typhon

Not Hercules, because hercules was a warrior, and the faction doesn't maintain a military,

What was Typhon the titan of?

A new rule for suggestions: The name must have some meaning within greek mythology with a link to the 3rd faction.
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

I highly recommend some form of Chronos, keeper of time.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

I'm not too sure on using the names of the Titans. I may well have my mythology wrong here, but IIRC the Titans were the enemies of the Gods, and thus are used in the BZ storyline to represent the Furies. I remember reading about a Titan (Fury) being imprisoned on... some planet, somewhere. Really not sure, rather sketchy.

Clavin12

In Greek mythology the furies where the avengers for the Gods, without much to do with the titans. If that differs from Greek mythology why can this?
C l a v i n 1 2

gegc

The titans were the predecessors and enemies of all Olympian gods; most had to endure some kind of punishment such as holding up the sky (Atlas). The Furies were equated with a restless conscience and in mythology spent all their time chasing around guilty people; they were more of a concept than actual gods per se.

Mr X

I don't think they were Gods, just evil creatures.
starting January 2010!

Rocket

i like the meaning of Hestians, but i like the sound of the name Demetrians...  :|
Hidden Defenders Mod