• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Proposed history for the 3rd Cthonian faction

Started by Mr X, August 27, 2009, 12:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should the third Cthonian faction be called?

Phosphornii
Phosphorii

bb1

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

I liked the original ones: Metians or Gaians.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Quote from: bigbadbogie on September 17, 2009, 08:12:29 PM
I liked the original ones: Metians or Gaians.
I'd go with gaians but lots of people liked phosphorii.
C l a v i n 1 2

bb1

Don't be butthurt. The names originally were fine.

The trouble now is how we get people to pronounce Gaians equally across the board.

The name sounds like one that won't be inclined to war and only peace, so when things go out of hand it is like a layer of depth added.

VSMIT

Quote from: bb1 on September 17, 2009, 08:57:54 PM
The trouble now is how we get people to pronounce Gaians equally across the board.
Gaia is pronounced "Gaya," so would it be pronounced "Gayans," or do we want a different pronounciation?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

VSMIT

That's what I thought initially.  But it seems that Gay-a is the official pronounciation.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on September 17, 2009, 08:50:19 PM
I'd go with gaians but lots of people liked phosphorii.

It sounds like a luminescent noodle.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Your not pronouncing it right. You guys were all excited about it earlier. Are we still going with the phoenix idea? I think it really works. and here's one example. This is a turret or i could cut the bottom off and make it a gun tower.

C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

Excited about what?  I was never excited about the possibility of using "Phosphorii" or "Phosphornii."

Clavin12

I wasn't exactly talking about you. What if we got rid of the double i ending and named them the Incendians.
C l a v i n 1 2

Mr X

Because that just makes me think about Harry Potter...
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

bb1

Or XMen. That ...whatchyamacallit looks way too static to be a turret/unit in general. It would be a cool prop though. Rotate it back 90 degrees and it can be a cool park bench for the intro!

In all seriousness, Guy-ens or Gay-ens could cause some controversy. The best way to do it is let the VO guys have at it. If everyone pronounces it differently, then hey you've got a running gag. Eventually, though, settle on something. Have one character say it wrong the whole time, regardless how many times he is told. Personally, I would say Guy-ens just because. Little things like pronunciation are unimportant, especially since that is part of the fun being VO.