• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

For those that like the GreenHeart Recycler Variant

Started by Commando, September 08, 2009, 12:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

@Killer AK: Instead of complaining all the time, perhaps you should put your energy toward more productive things.  Like instating the things you "suggested" in your complaint.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Commando

If someone can provide the model for a scrap drill, I will gladly add it.  I was wanting to set up the small silos to be upgradeable.  Once upgraded, the drill gets added to the model.  Also when upgraded, they produce scrap at the rate of a standard ISDF extractor, but the would only be limited to 2 per team.

Version 7 has been uploaded.  Fixed a "bug" more of an engine limitation I didn't catch earlier.  If a thug built any limited building "tech center, service bay, armory, factory, training facility, bomber bay, etc" before the commander did, the commander would not be able to build his/hers.  Fixed this in version 7.  Caught this because Dataanti built a training facility before I did.

Commando

I'll give killerAK the putting effort towards modding vs. stability comment.  I stopped testing 1.3 over a month ago, for the most part, because noone wants to test.  The mod team is full of modders which is a big problem.

Commando

Killer AK, I think the regular gun towers are better than the Assault towers.  Assault towers have range, but they do too little damage over time due to the wait between shots.  If you get a mauler in range of either, I'm sure the regular gun tower would kill the mauler much faster.

This variant is only meant for MPI which is why not much balancing has been done with the variant.  I added this variant and the original GH variant to give commanders the ability to play differently.

Commando

Version 8 uploaded.  Forgot to reduce the price of the scrap transporter scavengers.  Also forgot to remove it from the commander's recycler when the team transferable bomber ISDF recycler is chosen.

GreenHeart

Quote from: Commando on September 13, 2009, 10:59:16 AM
I'll give killerAK the putting effort towards modding vs. stability comment.  I stopped testing 1.3 over a month ago, for the most part, because noone wants to test.  The mod team is full of modders which is a big problem.

Uh-huh...

Let me see what i've actually done this entire month for modding.

Hmm, it seems to be a very short list indeed....

I've done maybe an hour worth of modding this month to create a new map pack & the rest of the time went towards required OT at work.   I'll try to finish the maps sometime this week or so to hopefully spike more testing.

QuoteDelete all stupid towers like assault towers, mortar towers, rocket towers because they make regular towers obsolete.

Those models were orginally created for the MPI GH map's CPU Team to spice up the challenge so if you remove those then you wont' be able to play the MPI GH Maps because i refuse to change the challenge of my maps because someone hates them.  If you hate the recycler variants that much then use the default recycler which does not have those towers & go play a non GH map.  I think your just pissed off because those new variant towers on dropzone kill you afew seconds after you get into their visual sights (faster towers are only on dropzone).  :)
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Commando

KillerAK, if your screen has truely been messed up since pb1, post a screenshot of it.  I haven't had any issues with the shell being messed up and noone else has reported such an issue.  I vague message like "my screen is messed up" doesn't provide enough information to help determine the cause.  We can't see your screen nor can we read your mind.

Commando

Now back on topic.

Who thinks the thugs should be able to build a bomber and bomber bay?  If the demand for thug bombers is high enough, I'll add one.  The bomb will most likely be less powerfull than the commander's, but thugs would get bombers.

General BlackDragon

Quote from: Commando on September 13, 2009, 10:59:16 AM

I too havn't been spending too much time playing video games lately. RL is starting to take more and more time.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Commando

B9 uploaded main changes

* Fixed a minor bug with the ISDF Construction Rig when the TTB variant was chosen
* Reduced scraphold for hover scavs to 20 from 50
* Changed the names to "Hover Scavenger/Harvester"

Anyone have any good model suggestions for the hover scavengers?  If someone supplies a new model that looks like it fills the role of a scavenger, I'll gladly replace the current model.

Nielk1

I use these:

You can too if you wish, just say so. (IIRC you don't like the Scion one.)

Both have pickup animations and the ISDF one has turning animations.

Do you still need a driller model or whatever it was?

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

It does look very Fury. Not like a Scav though, Av's described those already.

Maybe something similar to the ISDF one with the Scion Harvester would be better... I don't know. ISDF one is fricking sweet though.

TheJamsh

It is very fury like but cool nonetheless. I like the 'mouth' at the front and the tanks under the wings...

Would be interesting to see it with a scion skin though... :)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Issue is I can't find how to improve the stock harvester.

Here is what the Scion H-Scav used to look like, it was less liked than the Fury skin:

Click on the image...