• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

For those that like the GreenHeart Recycler Variant

Started by Commando, September 08, 2009, 12:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

I made a new variant of the GreenHeart recycler variant.  This one allows you to pass a recycler to a thug so said thug can build his own base.  The thugs won't be able to build a bomber bay, bomber, or any of the advanced GH units, but they should be able to build the rest of the standard items.

http://www.bzuniverse.com/~betadudes/unprotected/New%20Rec%20Variant10a.7z

Updated the files to hopefully not cause bad assets.

Updated the link again.  I forgot to include the autoreg files for the new recyclers which would make choosing the new recyclers impossible unless you know the svar command to do so through the console.

This update is the same as the last except it has the autoreg files included now so you can actually select the recycler in the shell.

A basic description of how this variant differs from the regular greenheart variant

1.  The fury was removed from the Scion base
2.  The Service Bay built by this variant can heal multiple items simultaneously
3.  The commander can build a recycler to pass to thugs, these thugs can then deploy the recycler then start setting up small bases, the equivilent of a regular isdf base without a bomber bay
4.  The commander will need to build a hover scav so thugs can gather scrap at a decent rate.

In this variant, thugs rely on silos and their recycler for scrap storage so you won't have commanders and thugs fighting over pools.  The silos generate scrap at 1/2 the rate of a level one extractor and the thug's recycler generates scrap at half the rate of the regular recycler.  This gives thugs a scrap income, though not a significant one.  I only added that because a few people complained about not getting scrap which I understand.

Sorry, fixed bad assets by removing fbovergh.odf from the 7z file.

Commando

Sorry, forgot to include the autoreg files last night so you wouldn't have been able to select the recycler without performing the following steps.

1.  Once a map is opened, open the console via Ctrl + ~
2.  Type in "network.session.svar4 ivsrecyghb" without the quotation marks
3.  Press Enter on the keyboard

Performing the above steps will be required to select the new variant if you don't download the latest version.  If you download the latest version, you should be able to select it like any other recycler because it should be in the list.

If this recycler causes bad assets, let me know and I'll fix it.  As far as I know, it should not cause bad assets since I removed my update for the regular GH variant since it wasn't included with TA 5.1.

The thug recyclers only operate under 5.1 because they take advantage of a new odf command that was added in ta 5.1.  If you build this in TA5, the recycler will return to the commander once deployed.  Only play this variant in TA 5.1 since it would be pointless choosing it in TA5.

Red Devil

What box???

Red Devil

I got bad assets when trying to join a stock game with these in addon.
What box???

Commando

Did you install the first zip I had uploaded?  If so that may be why.

Commando

Thanks goes to RD for helping me find the cause of the bad assets problem.

fbovergh.odf is the cause.  Just delete this file and you will be good to go or you can delete the variant then install the latest version.

Commando

Red Devil

Not yet.  Was busy today and I'll be out tomorrow, so Saturday morning?
What box???

ScarleTomato

i keep trying to get my brothers off their dagum homework so they can help me try out this variant :-P I did try it out on my laptop and desktop though. Pretty cool, it'd really have to be for some loooong games. Don't really care for the 'only one' limit for the scrap transports though. I just built a squad of mortar bikes for em. They get there faster than the transports too.

Commando

The transport is a hover scav so if you recycle it, you are hurting yourself.

ScarleTomato

oooooooouuuu gotcha, now i'm gonna have to go play around with it some more. i'll be out of school in about an hour or so if someone feels like playing a game.

Commando

Just released version five.  Detected a minor autoreg bug so I corrected it.

Commando

Updated to version 6.  Main changes include

* Fixed autoreg files for the new variant.  It looks like leaving out headers for the other modes prevents [RecyclerListMPI] from working
* Moved *vscrap to the thug's recycler.  This means the thug builds his own scav instead of the commander building it
* Removed the limit.  Now you can build as many as you want

bigbadbogie

You done yet...?

(Meaning the now removed rant).
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

AK, first of all this is stock not a mod, and would probably have gone in with pb5.1 if its release date had been later, so NO the public betas will not add any races, because its a PATCH. Not a MOD.

Secondly, recycler variants work fine. The term 'user error' springs to mind if you can't figure it out.

Thirdly, the windows are set-up fine. everyone else seems to manage, another case or user error. Its really NOT difficult.

Fourthly, if you dont like assault towers, dont select a recycler variant that has them. Unfortunately for you most people do like them, so you'll have to host games yourself and choose a recycler variant. Its quite easy really... You basically have to READ the recycler description if the title isn't good enough for you. In case you haven't worked it out yet, the recycler variant changes YOURE recycler when you start.

Next, BZ2 PB5.1 is far more stable than BZ1 EVER was.

Fleshstorm wasnt a MODE. it was a MOD. MASSIVE difference. Fleshstorm is not a PATCH.

Finally (i think), i am yet to see YOU release anything for people to play. before you overly criticise other peoples work as being a waste of time, you make something you think is better. Adding races is NOT something ANY of the public beta patches are ever going to do... thats what MODS do.

Rocket towers fire from both sides, like rocket tanks.

Mortar towers have the same range if not longer than archers.

Saying the server menu is messed up since PB1 means that YOU just don't understand it.

Think im done...

"Back On Topic..."
I played this last night and its really good. At first however the extra recyclers seem like more of a distraction for pilots rather than an aid, because you have to rely on loose scrap and provided items from the commander to get anywhere. It may be an idea to not strip down the variant quite as much.

Either that, or have the ability to 'upgrade' the recycler silo's, so that they can generate scrap or something. If not, perhaps a 'scrap drill' type building that pumps out loose scrap? Just not too quickly.

Once you get going however, and so long as the commander works hard, this is a REALLY good idea.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.