• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

For those that like the GreenHeart Recycler Variant

Started by Commando, September 08, 2009, 12:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warfreak

Any chance of getting future implementations of the scion h-scav to have vert animation? (I KNOW that the only reason you didn't do it in the first place is cause you made that before learning how to vert anim.)

Nielk1

Quote from: Warfreak on September 14, 2009, 05:18:15 PM
Any chance of getting future implementations of the scion h-scav to have vert animation? (I KNOW that the only reason you didn't do it in the first place is cause you made that before learning how to vert anim.)

That is how the pinchers work (which on the real animal are feelers).

Click on the image...

TopGun

Just got done playing quite a few games with the varient and got some requests that I told them I would post.

1. The scion recy does not let you build the thug Recycler. It keeps on says that I can only have 1 when I have not built one yet.

2. One of them want me to ask if you could make it so the main commander can upgrade a thugs power.

3. I told them about the bomber idea you had Commando and they said it would be great. And I made sure to tell them that it would not be as powerful as the main commanders but most of them said that they just want a bomber that will do enough damage to be worth the trouble.

4. Two of them wanted me to ask you if you could make it so the thug base can be connected to the main commanders base. When we tried there where red spots around the thugs base and my base.

That just about covers it. Let me know if which ones your going to do so I can let the people that ask about them know.

TopGun

.:.FTD.:.TopGun-Lt_Gen

ScarleTomato

finally got a full game going with thugs! brothers liked it but said that the slow scrap generation wasn't enough to make it worth while since i could just pump out units myself and pass em to them. If you're still thinking about having silos upgrade into drills that would be cool especially since the faster generating silos are on top of the slower recy in the bar right now.

thug bombers would be fun even if they are toned down.

Commando

Version 9a released fixing the Scion bug.  Thanks for catching that.

TopGun

No Problem Commando. I love the varient and so far everyone I have played with as loved it.

Scrap Drills would be cool.

TopGun

P.S. I just tested the Scion Recy and it works great now. But I will see how good it is when I get home from work. But so far you have done an awesome job Commando!

ScarleTomato

Just got done playing a loooong game, and i gotta say thug service trucks would be nice. Having to rebuild GTs instead of servicing hits extra hard with the slower scrap gen.

Commando

Quote4. Two of them wanted me to ask you if you could make it so the thug base can be connected to the main commanders base. When we tried there where red spots around the thugs base and my base.

Topgun, that is an engine limitation.  You should be able to connect the engines anyways.  The terrain reports red, but you can still build on them if they would otherwise be displayed green.

TopGun

Ok I will try it when I get around to it. I will probably be playing tonight when I get home from work.

TopGun

Red Devil

Entered a game yesterday and we were able to build multiple recs by passing command/leaving/rejoining/giving command, etc.
What box???

TopGun

Ya you can build as many Thug Recyclers as you want but if the main commander deploys it it copies over the primary recy. But I have not yet seen if a thug can deploy and be able to command both.

I will let you know.

TopGun

ScarleTomato

Quote from: TopGun on September 16, 2009, 04:22:09 PM
Ya you can build as many Thug Recyclers as you want but if the main commander deploys it it copies over the primary recy. But I have not yet seen if a thug can deploy and be able to command both.
you shouldn't be able to since the new one would replace baseslot 1.

Whats the change from 9a to 10a?

Commando

I can't fix the deploying on top of the commander's recycler unless I prevent the commander from being able to build the recyclers for thugs if the commander still has his recycler.

Unless I can lock the deploy command based on conditions, I can't fix this.  I could possibly change this via dll, but then there would be no shot in h#ll of this variant being accepted in 1.3.

TheJamsh

Commando, when you have gone as far as you can with this variant in PB5.1, would you like to add it to the addon pack? That way everyone who downloads gets this variant too.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Commando

Sure, if possible, I'll have it included with any future patches.  If possible that is.  The bomber bay is proving to be an issue due to the requirement of the commander having a bomber bay or the thug's bomber dies a horrible death the instant it is built.