• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

expansion pack testers...

Started by TheJamsh, October 09, 2009, 04:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

The expansion pack needs beta testers. I've recently filtered out a lot of people i added who had just downloaded it for content and haven't actually been testing. I REALLY dont want to have to upload fixer patches once its out... there are still a LOT of bugs and we all know what a pain that is.

I am considering new testers, and to quote BBB's FS2 recruiting post:

I require people with fair to extensive modding experience in Battlezone 2.
I will not be accepting any newbies or unknowns.
Anyone who does sign up will be required to stick it out until the final release. If you think that you may not be able to fulfil this role, do not apply.
Anybody who steals any assets or does not help with testing will be removed from the team. They will not be replaced.
At least 50% of you MUST be able to host your own damn games. you all know where to look if you cant (nettips.rtf), the AP is mainly MP-based and therefore its not much good if you cant set up test games.

I have ALREADY removed access to the latest betas from those i have added previously, if a select few of them actually want to test again, apply here. Consider it a second chance that no-one will get from here on.

I have a few open slots, and its first-come first-serve (so long as you meet the criteria). Apply here.

TESTERS:

1) TheJamsh
2) Nielk1
3) VSMIT
4) AHadley
5) GreenHeart (starfleet/ap asset trading)
6) Squirrel
7) TwinShadow
8 ) Warfreak
9) TopGun
10) Noratetsu
11) Tempest Storm

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

VSMIT has access (you always did :P)

Arbystrider

.. and number eight needs to be fixed lol.
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

VSMIT

Quote from: TheJamsh on October 09, 2009, 04:33:18 AM
I have ALREADY removed access to the latest betas from those i have added previously, if a select few of them actually want to test again, apply here. Consider it a second chance that no-one will get from here on.
Sorry.  Thought that you'd removed everyone.  My mistake.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

ScarleTomato

i can help, but i've got a senior project and an IEEE conference to put together as well, so i'd only be able to put a couple of hours a week into it.

If you're looking for testers on the LMM side of things you might try opening that up to a public testing. Players dont have to have the latest patch to play together so you wouldn't have to worry about making sure everyone is up to date.

TheJamsh

LMM uses addon pack assets though, so it would be pointless to publicly release that. And thats N1's call on the program...

Nielk1

Because it comes with tons of things, some specific to adding to the addon pack it would be best it remain with the addon pack at least initially.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

I agree totally, especially with the amount of AP assets that ARE LMM based.

squirrelof09

I'll help. I'm a good tester, I've been helping RD out finding little bugs and problems. I'm not an extensive modder, but I do understand the lines in ivtank.odf :). I am never leaving this battlezone game. I will be able to host within a two weeks to month. I am moving out of the parents house by Thursday and will be back online by Saturday at the latest.

If you have any questions, I am easy to find around here ;)

Thanks
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

TheJamsh

Squirrel you've been added, you will need to register on bzcx mantis to gain access. Heres the link:

EDIT: i see you have already. you can now access the mantis and download. PLEASE test as much as pos.

squirrelof09

Alright, Looking at my mantis page. I guess you or someone else will have to assign the project to me. Much Appreciated :)
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

TheJamsh

RABBITPOLICE

Im good with odfs if you want me to look at that
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

Warfreak

Testing DOES NOT MEAN:

1. Going through the assets for your own use.

2. Editing assets because you THINK you can do it better. You AREN'T the dev. team, do it and you WILL be kicked out.

3. Proof reading code of any type.

Testing means:

* Going in-game to test assets and finding any and all PHYSICAL breaks.
       - This is why doing #3 would be retarded. If it works in-game, doesn't matter how "wierd/broken" it looks code wise.