• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone II v1.3pb4 released

Started by GSH, June 11, 2008, 06:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSH

See http://www.visi.com/~nathan/bz2/bz2_13.html for download info.

BZ2 Patch 1.3 Public Beta 4 <== Download Mirror

The major improvements of pb4, compared to 1.3pb3 are:
- More features, including weapon linking, thumpers, and variable gravity DM maps
- Increased Windows Vista compatability, audio works in WINE
- Many more modder features, such as 60-char ODF names, inheritance, tons of new tuning values, etc
- Performance optimizations
- Fewer resyncs, units (human & AI) should warp less online
- Ability to replace CD music w/ OGG files
- More crash fixes
- Easier to host games w/ automatic UPNP, Windows Firewall support(*)

*: requires router w/ UPNP support, and Windows Firewall as your primary firewall; other firewall software/hardware will still need some manual attention

Note: There are a number of mods updated for pb4 or developed specifically for pb4. I've asked those modders to hold off on releasing them for 1 week so that people can enjoy all of the new items that pb4 has to offer. There's a ton of new options, recycler variants and new maps available out of the box.

Thanks to Ken Miller for his continued attention to BZ2, the loving support of my wife, all of the beta testers, and the BZ2 community for their continued interest in this game.

-- GSH

CmptrWz

Take note that BZScrap has a copy of the files as well, although you may want to read the page above as well.

The BZScrap copy can be found here.

GSH

Might be good to link to this in the news board as well. Thanks.

-- GSH

Michael

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, to all who have put so much time into the continued support for this patch. It is much appreciated. This is an awesome game, and I cannot thank you all enough. I am looking forward to testing it now, and will see how things go! 

Wraith

Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Steeveeo

FINALLY! Much wootness, now to start porting SRV over.

Prepare yourselves for SRV v2.20.PB4 people! :P

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

Indeed! MANY THANKS! (even if i did start the bug report!!)

i LOOOOOOOOOVE IT! Searching for 'added' in the changelog already :D:D!

oooo sooo many goodies =]!!!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

sombragris

Centerline

I also put up a copy of the patch on my BZ2 page: http://www.valler.com/bz2

Centerline...

Red Devil

Something people need to be aware of is the additions made to Gameprefs.ini - the contents of which you should first copy into Localprefs_bzone.ini and LocalPrefs_bz2edit.ini and then modify to fit  your rig's capabilities.

Also, you'll need to edit render.cfg and render_editor.cfg to suit your rig.
What box???

Commando

Both me and Spawn had our ships blow up for no apparent reason in mpi.  I believe the ai's scav cleanup code killed our ships since nothing shot us.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Power Board

YAY! PB4!
Thanks All You Guys Who Helped Create It!

Quote from: Commando on June 13, 2008, 12:34:07 AM
Both me and Spawn had our ships blow up for no apparent reason in mpi.  I believe the ai's scav cleanup code killed our ships since nothing shot us.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :-o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ghost in the machine?  GSH practical joke?   Lol...

-Av-