• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Who is God?

Started by hybirdisdf, March 14, 2009, 12:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

Quote from: Red Spot on May 09, 2009, 09:01:39 AM

Also if men is sinfull than according to how your are talking about it I cant help feel your god has failed drasticly.

Would you rather we didn't have free will?
C l a v i n 1 2

cheesepuffly

Indeed, God gave us free will to obey him or not.

I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Clavin12

I applaud you cheesepuffly, Return the favor?
C l a v i n 1 2

General BlackDragon

Quote from: Clavin12 on May 09, 2009, 08:47:50 AM
What about the very first kiss? Humans wear clothes because they are sinful. If Adam hadn't fallen in the Garden we would not have to wear clothes.

Bullhoot

*****General BlackDragon*****

Feared_1

Quote from: Clavin12 on May 09, 2009, 08:47:50 AM
What about the very first kiss? Humans wear clothes because they are sinful. If Adam hadn't fallen in the Garden we would not have to wear clothes.

No one is required to wear clothing, except by law :P

Going by the Bible, by eating the fruit of the tree, Adam and Eve had their "eyes opened" and saw that they were naked. They were embarrassed. The tradition just passed on I guess...

I'm a practicing Christian. I truly believe that God exists and loves each and every one of us...
...HOWEVER...
I do NOT agree with FORCING Christian beliefs on someone else. Why make them do something they don't want to do? Would God be happier if you forced people to believe in him? I don't think so. That's why he gave us the choice, after all.

TheJamsh

Agreed. Ive always thought that you are entitled to you're own beliefs. Why everyone needs to have it forced on them is beyond me.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

exactly. More ppl been killed in the name of god then any other reason. Do you think all those people who murdered everyone else just because they didn't convert to christianity back in the day went to heaven? Nope, because they believed in god, but they did it in the wrong way.

sabrebattletank

Quote from: bigbadbogie on May 07, 2009, 05:34:40 PM
How can you possibly prove that god/supernatural things exist? There is NO way to prove it one way or the other.

That is why it must be a load of rubbish. It simply doesn't make sense.

That doesn't make any sense either dude.  :-P

Just because you can't prove something doesn't mean it's a load of rubbish.

sabrebattletank

Quote from: TheJamsh on May 09, 2009, 06:54:05 PM
Agreed. Ive always thought that you are entitled to you're own beliefs. Why everyone needs to have it forced on them is beyond me.

Think about it from an early Christian mindset. I'm gonna reduce it a little bit here, but essentially what you've got there is this viewpoint:

"Christ died. Christ rose from the dead. People rising from the dead means the End Time is coming. hoot, the end time isn't coming; we still exist. Maybe by spreading the word about Jesus, once the whole world believes, then God will bring about the end time."

Maybe you reject that thinking -- but do you at least see why, in their mindset, they became evangelical?

Clavin12

Quote from: sabrebattletank on May 09, 2009, 07:19:46 PM
Think about it from an early Christian mindset. I'm gonna reduce it a little bit here, but essentially what you've got there is this viewpoint:

"Christ died. Christ rose from the dead. People rising from the dead means the End Time is coming. hoot, the end time isn't coming; we still exist. Maybe by spreading the word about Jesus, once the whole world believes, then God will bring about the end time."

Maybe you reject that thinking -- but do you at least see why, in their mindset, they became evangelical?

Maybe. I don't believe in forcing a religion on someone either. I wasn't attempting right there to convert him. I was debating. I believe in telling others about the faith not forcing it upon them like crusaders. I know that's wrong.
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on May 09, 2009, 08:30:51 PM
Maybe. I don't believe in forcing a religion on someone either. I wasn't attempting right there to convert him. I was debating. I believe in telling others about the faith not forcing it upon them like crusaders. I know that's wrong.

You were not debating. In this topic you have not debated once. All you have done is spout rhetoric with nothing to back your views (though that is hard in the case of belief) or to invalidate others. IOW, all you have done here is try to drown everyone else out.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

All right. I except rebuke and apologize. Thank you.
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

And your Karma just went up two so far in that short moment :-P :wink:

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

3 :P

Yeah you did seem very defensive in your previous posts in this topic. Made me want to show you that even more.

xSSx Grizzly

God is who you want him to be, personally I don't believe in any of that stuff but each to their own.