• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

TheJamsh' TA5 Enhancement Pack Preview

Started by TheJamsh, May 03, 2009, 05:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

Jamsh has my additional color enhancements, they effect buildings as well. The work sporadically though, not sure why.

[OT]My finals are finally over, we can only hope I get a total GPA of 3.5 or higher or my future's in the toilet (can't pay for any more schooling without it). BUT, this means more BZ2 time till next semester.[/OT]

EDIT: grammar

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

Quote from: Nielk1 on May 10, 2009, 05:39:48 PM
About quoted bit:
That is wrong. You cannot just change topics, unless you expect to one day change names. We are a rather small community and everyone is rather known.
Actually, THIS is wrong, because on the internet, and what I am saying is a highly guarded secret known by very few people:

NO ONE GIVES A hoot.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

Me too :-P.

(In referal to a recently removed post by N1... so not as random as you think.)
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

Yesterday i added another 16 maps by "RocketmanX" who kindly gave me permission to use them. Thanks to him!

I also made a bunch of Campaign fixes. Getting to the point where the rest are the cause of the .dll. The strangest one is the missing file calling, but meh.

Permission to add Nielk1's ATV to race mode :P? Might expand on it a little... Once the mode in general gets fixed.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Can you all, please, just STOP ARGUING! Whether G66 was originally made as MPI or Strat doesn't matter, this isn't the right place for it anyway.

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on May 11, 2009, 01:33:48 AM
Permission to add Nielk1's ATV to race mode :P? Might expand on it a little... Once the mode in general gets fixed.

Of course.

Click on the image...

AHadley

I thought I said stop?

My nick is connected to my name, hell it IS my bloody name, but am I complaining?

TheJamsh

Just figured out (when testing SP campaign) that team color texture fixes do indeed 'break' or 'alter' some things. You can see the blatant problem in the screenshot below from isdf05.bzn. The lights from the world arnt being applied (glowskin is why :P).

There will be a toggle now to turn them on/off. Nielk1 says he can do this... somehow :P

TheJamsh

One further note, due to a recently exposed bug (which i previously thought could be fixed via a new ODF flag), certain campaign "fixes" will not be made.

Hint: Play the campaign with lights set to 'none' :)

Nielk1

I'm working on a customization level mod manager that simply lets even n00bs use custom skins and sound packs without ruining something.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Would it be possible to force the glowskins to off in SP, and to on in MP?

Nielk1

No. And besides, the glow skins don't look good in some MP instances as well. It is all about the player's preference.

Click on the image...

AHadley

I think computer may come into it too, but you're right all the same. Maybe a toggle switch is a good idea.

mrtwosheds

Glowskins make things glow by preventing the world lights from being applied. If the alpha channel parts of the glowskin are pure white, no lighting at all will be applied to that area and it will appear to glow on a dark map. If they are 128 128 128 grey you will get half the lighting and half the team color...
By varying the alpha channel grey you can make different parts of the unit show more or less team color and of course more or less glow.

AHadley

Maybe we should have you making the glowsins :lol: