• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

AI Base

Started by Red Devil, March 02, 2004, 10:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

Anybody know how can I make this AI base a little stronger?  :?

Those are GreenHeart's new Assault Towers I'm using.

What box???

Commando

Does the ai build any rocket towers?  That may help the ai defend themselves against the bomber.

Red Devil

I was using Rocket Tanks for that - but just on my end, Doh!  - but I like your suggestion even better.   Thanks man.  :D
What box???

Commando

n/p.  I was thinking rocket towers would work better since the Scion team has their own variant.  The scion race doesn't have a rocket tank, and the archer doesn't seem to shoot the bomber down very well.

PhoeniX-FlamE

i think i found a hole....
bye bye recy

OvermindDL1

Death?

Try placing some long range morter buildings with it as well, that would surely make it very difficult.

technoid

Stronger?  Put in those 1000meter shotrange SP-Stabber towers from G66.   :D

Dave

Wow, they kinda look like aerosol cans.  RAID!!!!. lol   :lol:   Gonna try 1.3 later this week.  hopefully mapping wont be too different :s

OvermindDL1

Mapping is so much easier even I can make a map without it screwing up :P

BZZERKER

Red, turn everything execpt the Recy and the Fact 180° so that all the GT's are pointing the way the assault will come ;)

Red Devil

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.  Yeah, I am still working on getting more GT's up front. Been pulled off working on the AI by other things recently, but I'm back on it again. Intimidators are a good idea too.  Hadn't thought about that.  This base will maintain itself in this configuration - more or less - so you'd better win the first time you assault it.

Once I get this ready, I'm going to pass it by GreenHeart and Commando for critique and testing and then hopefully it will make it into the next build and be available as an optional AI to kick around - or an AI to kick everyone around.  ;-)

Raid.... LOL!
What box???

GENERAL MANSON

do u know the stautue in the mpi 1.3 maps. so if its a  good idea add the stautue to both the scion and isdf build tree so if they only have 1 pool they can have something instead of turrts or guardians

Black Hunter

A few more service trucks would probably improve survivability.

Spacecomber

How do the AI units do making it out of the building area into the open?  I take it that you have the go to points for the factory and the recycler set out beyond all those buildings to try and minimize congestion.  

You could use the service bay in front of the factory, for example, in order to make it easier for units to exit the building area.

eddeighton

Sorry for my ignorance but when you say AI, have you managed to get the AI to construct that base from scratch?? And will it attempt to rebuild the base once parts become destroyed?

I am developing a system to do this - with multiple constructors, basically using preset base configurations read into my dll which the AI then builds and rebuilds,, At the moment my system also needs to know suitable areas on the map - i.e. a flat area with a given shape.  

I still dont fully understand the timing required for the constructor between calls to build and dropoff? There seems to need to be a little wait between them - is the only way to tell by tracking the constructors command and seeing when it returns to idle after called build?

Wicked base anyway.

Ed.