• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium) Scavenger Physics 'bug'

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, June 01, 2005, 02:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leave him, er, her, er, it out of this...

:shock:

-Av-

Bull Dog

APCs r evil

Tranny as in transvestite. (I hope I spelled that right, this is the first time I've ever typed it :D)

Spawn

Quote from: Bull Dog
Quote from: AvatarThere's more to towing than a powerful engine and strong chassis.  

That Ferrari probably has a differential ratio in the 1-2 range, trucks are 3-4 (mine is 3.74 to 1).  The Ferrari has a tranny gear set that's optimized for high end speed, and the engine RPM probably doesn't hit its stride until 3-5K, where trucks max out on torque below 2K.

-Av-

Bah I forgot to mention the tranny, lol.

a quote for everyone to see forever, even after bull dog edits his post :o

Forum blackmail?

:lol:

Getting back on track, it seems to me that there has to be SOME advantage to having treads over hovering.  The bigger rigs should get MORE stability from having treads, not less as it seems BZ2 intends.  Most treaded units in BZ2 slide around like they're on grease when shoved or float down from cliffs like balloons.

I hate that.

-Av-

Angelwing

and teleport to the floor when they rotate too much...

Red Devil

"It's a simple question of weight ratios!"

Quote from: Bull Dog
Quote from: Bob the Dinosuar
It makes sense, many sports cars could probably out run (do I dare say a Hummer? they don't go that fast do they?), some bigger pickup trucks, easily, but do you think a ferrari could haul my camper around? no.

A Ferrari *could* tow your camper around if it's chassy was strong enough, believe me its engine would in all likely hood be up to the job perfectly.
What box???

Bull Dog

Quote from: APCs r evilTranny as in transvestite. (I hope I spelled that right, this is the first time I've ever typed it :D)

Talk to any mechanic say "tranny" to him and he'll know you are just abbreviating transmission.  

Jerks.

APCs r evil

Quote from: Bull DogJerks.

Huh? Us? What did we do? I was referring to Avatar's little joke about the whole tranny thing, not the transmission dude.... :s

Yup.  My fault, I've been absolutely crushed at work and am now in a permanent fuzzy brain state...  Things just strike me weirdly lately what with the crushing headaches and all...

:(

Fuggedaboudit, get back on tracks...

:)

-Av-

Red Devil

Quick, everybody jump Avatar while he's fuzzy-brained.
What box???

ScarleTomato

Quote from: Avatarback on tracks...
Heheh... that one took me a minute :)

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

anyway, back onto the question of scavengers.

If it has been made so that its harder to push scavs against their tracks...then fine...but you rebalance that by making it easier than 1.2 to push them 'with' their tracks..

Bz2 shouldn't be about realism...fine....but it Realism isn't what makes a game good.

Its 'Believeablity'. ...you either have a totally wack game like mario or sonic, or a -to-some-extent-believeable one.

Believeabilty is the balance between FUN and Realism.

Bull Dog

So your point JWK is that the Scavs are too heavy in 1.3pb1?  In your opinion, Right?