• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium) Scavenger Physics 'bug'

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, June 01, 2005, 02:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Is it just me or is it a lot harder to push scavs around in 1.3 than it is in 1.2.

Because pushing scavs around can have such a massive affect on some maps, esp those with water, should the scavs odf files be fiddeled around with so that they at least emulate the ease of pushing them around in 1.2?

Spawn

they are cause 1.3 respects mass or something

APCs r evil

I like it the way it is, it makes you do a little work for your kill. :)

And it IS perfectly possible to push them, you just need to get full speed and try to push them either forward or backward, sideways doesn't work too well.

Bull Dog

Quote from: Jwk the Hemp MonkeyIs it just me or is it a lot harder to push scavs around in 1.3 than it is in 1.2.

Because pushing scavs around can have such a massive affect on some maps, esp those with water, should the scavs odf files be fiddeled around with so that they at least emulate the ease of pushing them around in 1.2?

No its not just you.

Aegeis

in 1.3 odfs have a unit mass that u can adjust, if u want to push something heavier than ur current unit it takes alot effort to do so, i don't mind it as much but i can't remember if its easier for sabres/warriors to push scavs than it is for scouts/drones to...

imo sabres/warriors should push scavs easier

PhoeniX-FlamE

its *Ammo*ING annoying... I cant stand it... seriously, cons and other units are STILL dumb like a pencil and if you wanna get them to go somewhere you have to push them yourself ---> since 1.3 you cant...
and dont give me that bs that you can with full speed and all that, because you cant
not normaly! sure, you can push them in 1 m an hour (1m gamewise)
but thats not realy pushing

and as for sabres being able to push better, I disagree
because the scouts have more speed and lighter, therfor they could use that 'extra' speed(/power) to push the scav, while tanks dont have same speed as scout and dont have as much 'extra' power to push as the scout

Angelwing

but then you could argue that Assault Tanks should have no push whatsoever...

BZ FeebleEffort

Basically the physics were changed....for most all of the treaded vehicles.  I can't remember all the particulars of Kens logic in changing them(although I'm sure he had a good reason in his mind) the problem is those changes were made w/o clearly recognizing what a negative impact the  change would have on "scav pushing" which is a important  strategy in some human 3v3 or 4v4 strat games.

I have no idea what the current state of the "pushability" of the treaeded units is today in the beta, but, If it IS how it WAS in the PB, then I would agree w/ PE....that sucked.

It needed fixing 2 years ago, it probably still needs fixing now by the sounds of things.

It's VERY easy to push both treaded and walking units IF you do so properly.  

As was stated, treaded have to be pushed WITH the treads, or lifted into the air slightly to turn them AGAINST the treads.  I like this from a physics purist perspective but have no idea how this will effect MP players usual style.  Personally I'd say take it as a challenge and develop new mad Scav shoving skillz...

Walkers (Cons) have to be lifted off the ground a bit to really get them going.  I can get a Builder lofted on a bump and shove him halfway across the map (given a decent hill or two).  The main problem there is getting them to stop once they get moving.  The control you used to have is gone unless you're VERY careful.

I love tossing AssTanks around with Sonic in 1.3, you slowly rotate them to get them lined up and then ZING them off along the lines of their treads...   :)

-Av-

Aegeis

when did this game suddenly become "real world"...

and i have to disagree with booby, imo a scout should not be able to push the scav because it has more "speed", imo a unit with more mass then another unit should not be able to be pushes easily, but then again, when did this game become "real world"...

Whu?

What?

Huh?

You mean it's NOT real world?????

Pffft.  

-Av-

APCs r evil

ScarleTomato

Of course it's real world! cept now that you mention it, I wonder what you call that reality you trespass upon when nature calls?

APCs r evil

That is when we alter our perception of the universe and create a small world of wood, brick, plastic and glass which is filled with things also made of wood, brick, plastic or glass which all seem to have a purpose be it intrusive or benign.

ScarleTomato

alas you should become a quantum theorist. for the sake of typing we will call this said reality the gee-too-gee reality, or maybe bee-are-bee, personally i like the former but a vote should probably be held :cool: