• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Ive got TONS of modded crap....

Started by Saberdude, December 21, 2007, 07:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

Yes, that's why I do the side-by-side; to put back the bits that weren't saved.
What box???

Nielk1

Or making 1.0 or 0.0 come out as 0.99999999999999999 and 0.0000000000000000001

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_point#Accuracy_problems

That is just the nature of computer hardware, 0.99999999999999999 equals 1 as far as the hardware is concerned, just that the normal xsi savers will truncate it to 1.0.

GSH

Well, 1.0 is one of the few floating point values that can be exactly represented in a floating point value. Just from memory, I think it looks like 0x3F80000 in a memory dump.

-- GSH

OvermindDL1

True, but 0.99999999999999999 does not, let's test:
Using double's:  0.99999999999999999==1.0 does return true.
Using float's would no doubt be the same.  Probably just a bug in what outputs the number as a string, but it is still equal and thus valid.

Saberdude

oooook what the heck are yall talking about...... :?

Nielk1

Just the inacuracies of bz2me.

Still, new modders should use it, it is a powerful tool.

Click on the image...

Saberdude

but do any of yall know how the computer upgrades the weps on the ships?  I want to make some meeeeann assed aips for the computer, and i want them to do stuff players would do....put blast on the sabres and chains on rats and scouts...heck acually USE scouts duting the game...mag ass tanks and stuff.  the best ive been able to do is get them to use scouts, but they dont use them quite like i want them to. I wanted them to attack with tlike 6-9 scouts at a time but they only send like 1 or 2, and not as a group.  an i want them to STOP using those annoying !!@@ mortar bikes.

Red Devil

I'm in the process of modifying the FE MPI DLL so that it hands out weapons to the AI ships depending on what the humans are using in their ships.

The hardest part (for me) is deciding which weapon to hand out.

Advice welcome.
What box???

Zero Angel

But mortar bikes are good, in small doses or as intermittent raiding parties.

AFA AIPs go, just make a custom unit (ivscout_sd) and have the AIP use that as a second phase attacker. The whole line formation thing is a flaw inherent in scout AI, I suggest you use a more effective attacking AI like RT/MT AI or Mortar Bike AI which are better dogfighting AIs. Secondly, you'll want to tweak the AI parameters to make the AI more dodgy, and finally, if you want to increase the AI unit's move/acceleration stats, make sure to make it unsnipable and dont go overboard.
Quote from: RD...
That is a good idea
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

Seeing how complicated it is with 4 races, I may just go with handing out weps depending on the tech level available.

This feature will only be available on the Hard difficulty setting.  Also adding fighting pilots on that setting too.  Never could stand them running away like a bunch of Nancy boys.
What box???

TheJamsh

how does the AI change weapons on ships? using AIP's or .dll... e.g. when they start equiping warriors with arc cannons and speccing sheilds etc..?

im assuming AIP reading this... just builds another unit :S???

is there a file anywhere describing properties of the different AI processes?

e.g. dogfighting ability, other abilitys over other processes etc?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Always hard to get a straight answer around here, isn't it?   :)

I hate AIP's but glancing through Wug's I don't see anyplace where they upgrade a unit's weapons.  I'm sure I've seen the AI upgrade to shields and weapons but I believe I saw the code for that in the DLL, not in the AIP, so I'm not sure it can be done strictly via AIP.

-Av-

Red Devil

It's done via the DLL.  "I'm in the process of modifying the FE MPI DLL..."

To have the AIP do it, you can make custom ships with different weapons on them and have the AIP plans build them, but then you need a bunch of extra ships, each with a different weapon configuration.

You can have weapon crates spawn at the Recycler and Factory build points, like FE does, but then you always get the same weapons on the craft.
What box???

How cool would it be to have the AI actually launching crates out to ships, or have a pilot model running around the base using the panels, guiding the Constructor, etc...   

Lol...

-Av-