• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Ive got TONS of modded crap....

Started by Saberdude, December 21, 2007, 07:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saberdude

Title says it all....i have a lots of custom usits and weapons in my 1.3 public beta 2 game now...i guess you could say its turning into a bit of a mod...:P I made a few new weapons myself, and tons of new gun and rocket towers for the isdf and scions, plus units and weapons i liked from other mods. Ive even tried to make some custom .aips, but they arent working right. Is there a tutorial for those?  and does anyone know how you would make the computer upgrade weapons on certain ships?  I would really appreciate the help, and would anybody want to try my stuff out?

Also, does anyonw know how to change hardpoints on certain ships?  Ive made a modded ass tank- the main battle tank- and wanted to turn the twin mortars into machinge guns, but have no clue how. Changing thier names in the .odf wont work so i figerd it was a moddleling thing wich is WAAAYY outta my league.

Nielk1

You can grab the XSI pack, find the unit you want to change, open it in bz2me, and move and rename the hps.

Be sure never to edit the pak files.

You best bet for modding bz2 is to make your own folder and tell the cfg to read you folder then addon then data.

I myself have a folder called Nielk1 I throw test assets in.

Click on the image...

Saberdude

I have bz2 me...i think...and have no clue how change the hp....

Nielk1

You download the XSI pack, open the xsi, and simple choose the hp and then click rename. You can also use bz2me to move hps my choosing the HP and then going to the other tab and clicking moe or rotate instead of pan.

Click on the image...

Saberdude

Saberdude

ok how the heck do you select hps with bzme?

General BlackDragon

eh....

BZ2me is crap, but there's a higherarchy listing, ...it's okay for viewing models, even doing that BZ2me only works maybe...60% of the time.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

He is new to modeling, so he will be using bz2me!

LOL

Click on the image...

Zero Angel

Quote from: General BlackDragon on December 21, 2007, 10:09:26 PM
eh....

BZ2me is crap, but there's a higherarchy listing, ...it's okay for viewing models, even doing that BZ2me only works maybe...60% of the time.

Nah, F that. BZ2ME is one of the most useful BZ2 utilities ever, its extremely limited, but still useful for doing quick edits, changing HPs around, quick swapping textures and such. I made a few units with it, which actually look half-decent if you have the right 'parts' as well as put lots of effort into making them look original. Look at the gnat in the Starfleet MOD (I think thats the one), thats one sexy beast and all it is is a msl scout with some parts added on and some new textures.

I opened blender once, and took a look at the interface for about 10 seconds before my eyes exploded out of my head and I had to have new mechanical ones surgically installed (metaphorically speaking of course), as far as modeling noobs like me go, BZ2ME is awesome since i'm not really willing to put days/weeks/months into learning a 3D modeling program from scratch while having no transferable skills from a previous 3D modeler.  :?
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Saberdude

hehe im not moddeling just trying to change the hps around...there is no way in hell id ever be able to model.   But yalls work is impressive----my favorite ship model is the destroyer tank from those g66 maps (i liked him so much i added it in to regular factory.....FUN)

There is 1 ship i reallly would like to make tho---the Flack tank.  it would be nothing but an ass tank with 4 nice and long mg battels in the turret with those conical flash suppressors on the end...(hint hint-to anybody willing to model...) :)
I already got the perfect weapon to put on it all i would need is the model....Id make a good mobile aa unit, or as a turret

Edit: ok i figured out the hardpoint thing (Quad rocket tanks RULE!!!!) but theres 1 more question...is there a limited about of weapons a ship can have?  I put that destroyer tank on the factory, and along with the stock twin cannons and missies, i tried to ad a pair of guns....the hardpoints were already there, but they wouldn't show in game...

VSMIT

The max number of weapons hardpoints any ship can have is 5.  If the ship's odf calls more than those 5, I don't think it works.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

mrtwosheds

Do not bother trying to use bzme (threed) to edit the hp_mortar on the ivatank00.xsi.
It is extremely unlikely that threed will successfully save that file.
Open it in notepad find and replace hp_mortar with hp_gun, save, done, nothing broken, no need to scream while rebooting your pc out of a crashed battlezone...
Make sure you don't call it ivatank00.xsi

Zero Angel

Say would one be able to go into notepad and then do a find/replace to rename the gun HP back to mortar?
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

Yep.  XSI's are really just text files.

Since ThreeD isn't very good about saving animations, I sometimes modify a model using ThreeD, save it under a different name or in a different location, then do a side-by-side comparison with the original and copy the animation section(s) from the original to the modified one.  Works pretty good.
What box???

mrtwosheds

Threed also has a nasty habit of not bothering to save the whole file, It is this that causes BZ2 to lockup when you try to load that model.