• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Ive got TONS of modded crap....

Started by Saberdude, December 21, 2007, 07:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

Yep, as long as it can find them, just putting them in the aip is all that is needed, no constructor fact or recy modification is required for the AI team.

Saberdude

THey are in the addon folder along with the .aip's......and  what the heck is a search path?  I also cant get them to build or use ANY atilla walkers.

mrtwosheds

A search path defines where it looks first.

From the pb3 bzone.cfg
// Configure game file system
ConfigureFileSystem()
{
   // Setup base data
   ConfigureStream("base")
   {
      // Look in "addon" first
      AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\addon");

// Look at pakfiles next
      AddPack("@rootdir\patch13.pak");
      AddPack("@rootdir\data.pak");
      AddPack("@rootdir\bumps.pak");

// Look in "data" last, and only last.
      AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\data");
   }
What are you calling your AIP's ? there are several sets in 1.3 pb3.

Saberdude

i just extracted the stock 1.3 ones out of patch13 and modded them.  It is reading them, but it just one build my custom units.  ive seen some changes to their ai that i put in but none of my custom ships. -and btw i have public beta 2-

mrtwosheds

Quote-and btw i have public beta 2-
I used to have that, why do people modify/play old test versions of software when improved versions exist?

OvermindDL1

Get pb3, much better AIP's to work with, and the next will have even better.

Saberdude

i had pb3, but the textures look garbled when i started it, and the mouse did not show up. I still cant figure out whats wrong with it

mrtwosheds

Probably the dxt textures and your video card.

Saberdude

Any way to fix? I reallyy want to play 1.3...no more flyers wasting 20 of you atillas in a chain scout.......thats just wrong...

Nielk1

pb3 always gave me trouble. No matter waht I did the textures were blurry, but that has long since been fixed in the private beta. I think 1.3 (private) currently detecs your DXT ability and goes from there.

Just try launching pb3 with the /nodxt parameter.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

textures were always blurry in 1.3 for me, then i changed the texture size to large in the 'graphics' section of the bz2 pause menu
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

yeh i ahd to do that.. i thought the small setting would have better fidelity but apparently is large!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

OvermindDL1

Yea... a larger texture size lets the texture have more space for detail. :P

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

GSH

textures were always blurry in 1.3 for me, then i changed the texture size to large in the 'graphics' section of the bz2 pause menu

Texture size of small tosses away the first two mipmaps of textures on reading, as long as the texture's got mips to discard. By doing so, you're using a texture 1/16 the size of what the artists intended, and therefore is blurry.

pb4 takes steps to ensure that new/upgraded profiles default to large textures. You can change it back, but unless your graphics card is ancient, you shouldn't do that.

-- GSH

TheJamsh

where is this modded stuff? shove it in a .pak file all jumbled in and what not and we can see what goodies lurk within

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.