• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Ive got TONS of modded crap....

Started by Saberdude, December 21, 2007, 07:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saberdude

ok the custom unit thingy i can do.....1 question on ais tho....I made a ship called the heavy missle scout. Has light armor, is a bit slower and has 1 combat and 1 assalut hardpoint. Ive noticed tho with the "Rockettank" ai thingy on it wont switch weapons(beetween assalut and combat), so I put the "tankfriend" one on. but the thing is rocket tank one acutally makes them move around some the tank ai just sits and shoots does anyone know a good ai to put there?

and i also notice those entries at the bottom and have no clue what the do..they say stuff like "assaluttank attack" or"support sub attack" and stuff an i wonderd what they were for?

Red Devil

Hmmmm...

If I....and then I....

It could work.   8-)

Quote from: Avatar on December 25, 2007, 06:35:00 PM
How cool would it be to have the AI actually launching crates out to ships, or have a pilot model running around the base using the panels, guiding the Constructor, etc...   

Lol...

-Av-
What box???

mrtwosheds

QuoteHow cool would it be to have the AI actually launching crates out to ships,
It cannot aim, and the ships are too stupid to pick them up...

QuoteIve noticed tho with the "Rockettank" ai thingy on it wont switch weapons(beetween assalut and combat)
Set the weapon mask 11111 (runs from weapon 5 to 1)
Rocket tanks fire all unmasked weapons, does not care about assault or combat.

Quoteand i also notice those entries at the bottom and have no clue what the do..they say stuff like "assaluttank attack" or"support sub attack" and stuff an i wonderd what they were for?
They define different combat strategies
attackTask = "AssaultTankAttack"
subAttackTask = "SupportSubAttack"
subAttackClass = "ANS"

// subAttackClass uses 3 letters.
// 1st letter is either A or N.     A is include Air targets.         N is attack ground only.
// 2nd letter is either D or N.     D is to deploy before attacking.  N for regular attack.
// 3rd letter is either S or N.     S is to use Weapon Range.         N is use the Engage Range to attack.

Quote from: mrtwosheds on December 26, 2007, 12:49:33 AM
QuoteHow cool would it be to have the AI actually launching crates out to ships,

The DLL aims just fine, and is a merciless Commander.  :)  I've DLL'd a fake crate toss from the armory as part of setting up BZC but it would be cool if the AIP could do it to upgrade weapons in the field.

-Av-

mrtwosheds

Quotebut it would be cool if the AIP could do it to upgrade weapons in the field.
And probably a little too generous to their human opponent. I wish my dll skills were better, I would love to make an mpi dll for my Legions but c++ makes me go cross-eyed, I have the wrong sort of brain for this stuff.

Saberdude

ok so what are all the different startegy thingys they got to put there? And how does that weapon mask thing work?  Does it allow certain weps or something?

General BlackDragon

Quote from: mrtwosheds on December 26, 2007, 12:49:33 AM

i swear ive seen ai bots grabbing health powerups in DM ...

*****General BlackDragon*****

Zero Angel

Weaponmask only works with RocketTankFriend/Enemy or MorphTankFriend/Enemy AIs. It controls which weapons they will try to use, starting from the one on the 5th slot. An example of this for an ivscout, for example.

unitName = "Scout"
aiName = MorphTankFriend
aiName2 = MorphTankEnemy
[craftClass]
weaponMask = 00111 // special - msl - 2xguns

Will attempt to fire its 2 guns (which are on the 1st two weapon slots) as well as its faf missile (3rd weapon slot) at the same time

unitName = "Scout"
aiName = MorphTankFriend
aiName2 = MorphTankEnemy
[craftClass]
weaponMask = 01100 // special - msl - 2xguns

Will attempt only try to use its missiles (3rd slot) and special (4th slot) at the same time

Since the ivscout only has 4 weapons on it, the first of the 5 bits (which controls the weapon on the 5th slot) does not matter.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Saberdude

sweet so i could make some shad chains scouts and have them flip weapons.....1 more question....lets say you have a rocket tank with shads and hornets and thers an enemy tank sittin just outta range. is there a way you could rig the ai to use any wep that has the range to hit---make the rocket tank use its hornet rocket over 200 yards on the tank, then if it gets closer use the shads....and the other way around for heavy ships that have that "isassault" line in thier odf---it will use combat weapons if it is out of range for assalut weapons. then flip to assalut when it gets closer.

mrtwosheds

Quotesweet so i could make some shad chains scouts and have them flip weapons....
Not and keep its scout ability's, like targeting.
Rocket tank is fairly aggressive and loves to straff, too much.
Quoteis there a way you could rig the ai to use any wep that has the range to hit
Not that I know of, the rocket tank ai just fires all guns at the same time when 1 gets into range, heavy ammo usage.
If you use the right sort of weapon combinations this can be a neat trick, some of my ai daleks fire beam guns, and grab you with a tractor beam, or emp you etc etc

aircraft class can also fire all guns.

Saberdude

oook the custom unit thingy didnt work--i created 2 scouts "ivscout_mini" and ivscout_chain and they would not build them at all. And i cant seem to get them to attack with atilla walkers at all. or even buld the darn things...I set it up so that if you built 1 they would build a coulple and attack yours, and also keep 1 or 2 handy around the base. :P

ANd would any of you old hands like to try my mods out? i know a lot of the things i made would be too powerful, (especially the assalut towers-300 yard engage range!!!!)  and id like to know how to balance things out. and I would also like to know who to ask permission to use the "borowwed" ships and weps from the g66 mods-Destoyer, Dragoon, Goul, the hellion cannon, omega burst and the tcp cannon.

Zero Angel

the tcp cannon needs to be paired up with ip rockets for optimal packet delivery
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Saberdude

is that what those rocket thingys were in there for?...oh well -deletes ruined tcps-

Saberdude

Guys i still cant get my .aips to use my custom units. Any help?

Red Devil

Make sure they are in the search path.
What box???