• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

New Walker Unit Needs Animating...

Started by shane ward, May 13, 2008, 06:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane ward

Yep, I have gotten my hands on a walker thing that needs animating. I normally take the animation from the game units already but it is very hard and normally does not work, anyone out who would be willing to help.

The file is below for anyone to download.

Here is the link: - LINK REMOVED, PROJECT FAILED.

Many thanks
Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

bigbadbogie

no offense - but that is the worst looking walker ive ever seen
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

shane ward

LOL, it's converted from another game, thought it might be handy.

bigbadbogie

are you actually making a mod by any chance??

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

anomaly

huh... you uh... you thinking about adding any more detail to that model?

But, yeah, as far as help, what ever happened to that walker tutorial?

VSMIT

@BBB: Shane has done a couple of mods in the past, and also has made an ODF editor (Which is really nice, by the way).  He's also been around a lot longer than you.  So pipe down.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

technoid

Quote from: VSMIT on May 13, 2008, 08:07:49 PM
@BBB: Shane has done a couple of mods in the past

It's been more than just a 'couple', as far as I remember.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: VSMIT on May 13, 2008, 08:07:49 PM
@BBB: Shane has done a couple of mods in the past, and also has made an ODF editor (Which is really nice, by the way).  He's also been around a lot longer than you.  So pipe down.

VSMIT.

i was just asking

he made assimilation, jungle purification and that night city one.... what else??

My BZ2 mods:

General BlackDragon

It would be perferrable if I could get a version with the missing piece....if u want it animated. also, each leg seperate pieces? Looks like 2 pieces are missing?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

I will look at it, so what game did it come from?

Click on the image...

shane ward

As far as I know the missing piece is just a cylinder that connects the body to the foot area. and there are two, one for each leg.

It is supposed to be a combat unit that walks and fires a Lazar or something, I have not decided yet.

If you look at my website there is a list of things I have made for Battlezone 2

And Anyone that is animating this is more then welcome to add more detail if they like to play around with it ;)

Have fun
Shane

BNG Da BZ Fool

I'll take a look at it and fix it up geometrically, and if I can figure out how to get the animation thingy working get it back to you at some point in the future...BNG. I just beginning to animate stuff in GSL, but the going's a bit slow for now.

Cool, it's got a texture too. Shame on you BBB it could look worst, but I think I can tweak it by editing the geometry and fine tuning it a bit. GSL, works good editing objects like this. BNG, breaks out the hammer and chisel and begins to wittle away the rough edges.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

shane ward

OK people the time has come to where I need this model working.

I need this walker animated so anyone who can do it, Please do.

I need basic animations like Walking, Running, Dying, turning and so forth... Basically the same animation as the ISDF Constructor.

Many thanks
Shane

bigbadbogie

animating a walker is the hardest thing to do in bz2 - the last one i did for you was really hard - and i did that one with threed and notepad!!

another thing - why cant you do it yourself??

My BZ2 mods:

shane ward

If no one will do it, then I will Have to.

It will take about 2 months to do it.

I have done some models already, which have taken a very long time to do, and they are not animated properly and problems can be seen if the player looks hard at it.

The one you made for me BBB was right on the mark and you had an idea that I thought could be reproduced through other models I have. But I do not know how you did it and it does not seem to work also when I attempt to do it.

I was debating if I should post this or not... But "bigbadbogie" you are slowly starting to piss me off, please be a little more courteous in you posts.

Shane.