• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

scout physics

Started by Ac/dc, June 18, 2008, 05:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feared_1

Quote from: Zero Angel on June 18, 2008, 08:41:15 PM
At any rate, PB4 looks to be much more popular with even 1.2 vets than PB3 was.

This is very true. It has some cool new features that they like, but they just want to see that one more...

Ac/dc

Quote from: Zero Angel on June 18, 2008, 08:41:15 PM
With toggleable 1.2 physics, the entire community i'm sure, will gradually transition over to 1.3.

Definetely.

lucky_foot

I think that was the whole point it was added, try to blend the two communities together again. :)

Jonathan S.

Ego - Nikolas

Quote from: Ac/dc on June 19, 2008, 12:02:52 AM
Definetely.

Not by your self as 1.3 community.

If you rlly whant to bend thog. You need to work with 1.2 palyers communitys give them what they/we whant. thats a extra patch, or 1.2 integrated iside 1.3.

Since 1.3 players are so certan on one thing,
but bz2 1.0 1.1 1.2 are based on hovering, flying, its cool to have all this(and you know it) and ppl are use to play on 1.2 !

I see a truble, but my super quess is that bz2maps got 1.3 some files allrdy uploaded and mine site too.

And i dont see anyother 1.3 communitys sites supporting, ZST, 1.2, (private sites as TV or mine, yes).

So im not so shure abaut that what you just sayd,
but shure bz2maps will chandge mind abaut supporting 1.3 wery soon to negative anwser for 1.3 players.

Mine site will stay on 1.3 1.2 1.1 1.0 !

Red Devil

Asking the devs to put hovering back in would be like asking EA to add wall glitching back in as an option in Battlefield 2.

"Hey, I'm inside a building shooting at people and they can't hit me!  This is fun!"

What box???

Commando

While you are flying, you can't really defend yourself because you have to aim towards the ground.  Once you aim at an atacker, your ability to fly is reduced or eliminated so flying puts you in a very vulnerable position.  Unless you hav VIR, you can and will be shot down by someone who knows what he/she is doing.

Even when someone can't be shot down, he/she is less effective then someone not flying since the person's full attention goes to staying airborn.  Instead of flying, the same person could be managing his/her base, getting attack squads ready.  Instead the person is flying around just being a pest. 

You can't do much damage flying either due to the limit in which you can aim.

With a wall hack, you become god-like being able to see someone that has no way to see you back.  Giving you the ability to shoot said person as he/she goes around a corner.  Flying does not give you an advantage nearly as powerful.

Zero Angel

Quote from: Red Devil on June 19, 2008, 08:03:36 AM
Asking the devs to put hovering back in would be like asking EA to add wall glitching back in as an option in Battlefield 2.

"Hey, I'm inside a building shooting at people and they can't hit me!  This is fun!"

RD. DONT. I see where you're going with this, and I know whats gonna happen if you keep it up.

We know everyone's opinions on the legitimacy of hovering. This isnt about whether its an exploit or not. That argument has already been done to death, and everyone just keeps saying the same things over and over again and nobodys mind changes.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

I'm sorry, but that's just an insult to my intelligence.
What box???

Zero Angel

We're all gonna have to live with the fact that you think we're cheaters and lamers, and we think you're a noob with no perspective.  :-P

(half joking, of course!)
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

General BlackDragon

Stop this stupid arguing and play BOTH.

1.2 players can play the more stable version 1.3 with a 1.2 recycler varient with modified odfs wich RD has experimented with and be content with the best they can get.

They can use my space map aircrafts if they want to achive true flying.

They can learn to play true strategy games instead of just building a base and using player thugs to hoverkkill the enemy's base.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Zero Angel

Using aircraft class units is not the same as using scouts. The physics for both are much different.
QuoteThey can learn to play true strategy games instead of just building a base and using player thugs to hoverkkill the enemy's base.
This is the exact same line of thinking that RD uses. This opinion has been stated countless times here as well. If I recall correctly, you've come to BZ2MD saying the very same kind of thing and convinced no one, because we all have different perspectives here.

I'm telling you, nobody is going to change their point of view. You included. So don't derail this topic by stating the same opinions that have been stated over and over again on these boards. And I promise i'll refrain from repeating the same crap I always do when this 'debate' is brought up.
{bac}Zero Angel

GENERAL MANSON*

Heres what i think. 1.3 players face 1.2 players in a strat then 1.2 players face others in 1.3 strat.

Case closed get over it.

Red Devil

There is no debate over which players are the better players: Vets rule.

Hovering in 1.2 is just fine with me, but just don't try to bring it into 1.3.

Now, back on topic, please.  Let's talk about making 1.3 ships feel like 1.2 ships.
What box???

Nielk1

I have to say, I only win 10% of the time in 1.2
1.3 however, I am much more adapted to the physics.

Any kind of game to make such a decision would both be futile and just cause a bigger rift because the 1.2 players will be at a handicap in 1.3 and visa versa.

Click on the image...

Red Devil

I don't know about that.  Spawn kicks my tail pretty darn good in 1.3.
What box???