• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Forgotten Enemies for 1.3 PB4 Questions/Requests

Started by Red Devil, June 30, 2008, 07:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elder

I hope you have a way to activate FE this time, I could never get your shortcut mod to work for 1.3-3

TheJamsh

mission on labyrinth: "corber, those sounds youre hearing are coming from some sort of transmission, they are talking to someone but we dont know who"

so we dont want to change Cerberi sounds completely! lol

by the way. you know how theres a whole topic on bzcomplex trying to explain where the Cerberi came from? it is actually completely explained in the mod...

they are prototypes made by the Imperial Hadean Emporer. you send designs and blueprints to Thanados on a miasma mission. You can tell because there are Hadean ships all throughout the map with Cerberi textures, AND that is was a project of the Emporer...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

Sounds like a repeat of the original BZ1 where the Soviets recreate the Furies and then need assistance from the NSDF to defeat them.

Quote from: elder on October 06, 2008, 04:35:23 PM
I hope you have a way to activate FE this time, I could never get your shortcut mod to work for 1.3-3

It works for me and others so it must be something you are doing or not doing.
What box???

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on October 07, 2008, 08:57:44 AM
by the way. you know how theres a whole topic on bzcomplex trying to explain where the Cerberi came from? it is actually completely explained in the mod...

they are prototypes made by the Imperial Hadean Emporer. you send designs and blueprints to Thanados on a miasma mission. You can tell because there are Hadean ships all throughout the map with Cerberi textures, AND that is was a project of the Emporer...

The thing on BZComplex is quoted from Slaor, so its likely more correct. The Cerberi came from the planet Cerberus (the Dark Planet, became a New Core, sometimes called Dark Core, at the end of BZ2's Scion tree). They may have been there from before the Hadeans. Braddock nukes the planet and the Cerberi wake up and are PISSED, they view humanity as an enemy they have to protect the Hades Solar System from (we call it Sol). The damage is bad though, so they have to initially trick the Hadeans into building their craft.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

I prefer the idea that the hadean emperors crazy sci-wizards created the cerberi by assimilating the olympian survivors.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on October 08, 2008, 02:43:13 PM
I prefer the idea that the hadean emperors crazy sci-wizards created the cerberi by assimilating the olympian survivors.

Well, the Hadean Emperor's crazy sci-wizards DID create the Cerberi units thinking they were long lost technologies (like the furies, so maybe they did use POWs to make them).

Click on the image...

Warfreak

Later on (in the Dark Core Campaign of FE) you get to fight cerberized Hadean and (i think) EDF, which fully supports their fury status.

Also, I think the Cerberi on Miasma are Hadean aswell..... if i remember correctly (i usually dont) the Cerberi are in essence fury units which obey a collective mind (The "Mother-God", the Cerberus A.I.)

TheJamsh

the olympians are gone? poo. one idea out the window...

the cerberi on miasma are indeed hadean. its written in plain text :P, if you read all the informaion carefully just before you send it to Thanados you can find it.

No clues as to the cerberi Mother-God however, sounds very cool. youll see her again in Serenesis. shes got a bit of a kick this time, aided by another piece of hardware...

Nielk1

As I said, the Cerberi tricked the Hadeans into making their war machines, so at first they would have been Hadean piloted,

So TheJamsh, just say some of the Olympians managed to hide.

Click on the image...

Warfreak

The Cerberus A.I. and Shultz controlled the Cerberi durring the last Ruined Core mission (Was calling it Dark Core for my own sake).

Edit: Thank you Nielk for clearing that up.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

oh yeh... thatd do. i had the idea that theyd be some su[per intelligent all powerful race or something. anyway it was jsut an idea...

AHadley

I'll warn you lot not to get too carried away, I'm planning a post-FE mod myself, if you hadn't already picked that up when I asked after the old voice actors at BZ2MD.

Meanwhile, on the topic of 1.4a...

1) New maps, most definitely. Certainly more IA maps, and stuff like the TV mappack. That was for FE, right? Or is that the wrong name?

2) An advanced technology 'variant, which we could use to add all the stuff you see in SP and never really get to use properly, for example:
        a) X-47 Experimental Tank (Miasma, the blue and orange thing)
        b) Assault Tower (Kinda like you see on Mercury, but the tower version that comes with 1.3 stock)
        c) Expanded armouries (So we get access to photon torpedoes and the like)
        d) Scion Bee (Flying vehicle from Core, preferably under a new name)
        e) Jump pads
        f) Portable Radar Jammer (The thing that the tug carries that drops the pods)
        g) Various additional Cerberi/Hadean/Scion/EDF stuff lying around the place
        h) Race-specific service pods (BBB created a nice Cerberi onesa while back, I like that even though it seems a little chunky)

AHadley

Having to double post because I'm having trouble editing the last one. Don't shout, please, I'll get upset :( lol

Anyway, I just remembered. This time, give the Cerberi their own model for a Healer thing, rather than the Scion one.