• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.2 Exploits Library

Started by AHadley, March 04, 2009, 12:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

QuoteThe 1.2 community is a group of hackers and cheaters.
No they are not. I don't think I have ever played a game where a bunch of unwritten rules were followed with greater care.(by most anyway)

1.2 is where the most dedicated (obsessed?) players of the strat game currently hold their ground and play the game they as they wish to. Personally I cant play it anymore, its warpiness, and poor performance make 1.3* seem like I have been born again into a bright new world. I hope at some point that they will move over, I miss those intense games, but not the maddening exploits.

I would like to see the 1.3 turret made less humpable.

Wraith

Quote from: TopGun on March 04, 2009, 12:58:01 PM
With me its my mouse. Like I said in the other topic. My mouse goes off and on. Its still there and plugged in but the game detects it off and on very rapidly.

Now if we can get a 1.3 meeting to play on that version that would be great. Because I have had almost no problems with it now that I have the right patch for it.

Certain viruses can cause that or problems with pc.
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Zero Angel

Quote from: mrtwosheds on March 05, 2009, 02:02:53 PM
No they are not. I don't think I have ever played a game where a bunch of unwritten rules were followed with greater care.(by most anyway)

1.2 is where the most dedicated (obsessed?) players of the strat game currently hold their ground and play the game they as they wish to. Personally I cant play it anymore, its warpiness, and poor performance make 1.3* seem like I have been born again into a bright new world. I hope at some point that they will move over, I miss those intense games, but not the maddening exploits.

I would like to see the 1.3 turret made less humpable.
Wow MTS, I thought you hated 1.2.  :-)

I sort of like how the defensive balance is right now. Its tough commanding a game where all you have is rats and your base is getting raped by chain scouts -- but its still perfectly possible to come back from that. The idea to use here is use loose scrap to your advantage, since each turret you build drops scrap when it is destroyed -- as well as enemies hitting your base drop scrap when they are destroyed. Lets say an enemy team is assaulting your base for 5 long minutes and every rat you make gets destroyed, and the enemy loses every third ship during their base attacks. You're can still profit from the situation if your wingmen are working the field and keeping the enemy suppressed to 1 or 2 pools, and since they're limited to 1 or 2 pools they have to survive on green scrap (which is 1 every 3 seconds) -- and because since everything is dying and dropping scrap at your base -- by the time a few minutes has passed you are starting to see profit from all of the dead things in your base and can quickly build fac+arm and go on the offensive. Many commanders get demoralized in situations like this, but i've come back from some pretty bad base rapage games -- if you make the defenses too strong then this no longer becomes a valid gameplay dynamic since nobody will ever hit bases. A little stronger balance towards defenses would be nice, but if defensive strength is increased AFTER you take into account the fact that hovering is not allowed any more, then that eliminates that gameplay choice and some of the fast paced nature is taken from the game, and hence fun (depending on how you look at it)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

bigbadbogie

Yes ZA, we all know how fun cheating in otherwise perfectly legit games can be. Don't you just love ruining the game completely? Fun isn't it. I personally love seeing miserable people with nothing better to do than cheat and hack their way past your defences to destroy your recycler while floating in mid-air where you can't shoot them. [\sarcasm]
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Zero Angel

Wow, you really are an egocentric little kid arent you? I really am not upset, its just an observation i'm making.
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

bigbadbogie

Yes. That is exactly what I am, when I am aggravated.
Nonetheless, I wont turn this into a flame battle as you obviously just tried to.

You see that this is what happens every single time we compare 1.2 and 1.3.
If we had half a braincell between us we would have by now realised that this issue can never be solved and that we should never, ever, EVER even consider bringing it up.
We all know that 1.2 is full of easily exploited glitches, and that 1.3 has ironed them out. That is all there should be to it.
Anything else we add to this subject causes unnecessary anger and frustration on both sides of this pointless fight.

I accept that you consider the flying bug to be a skill, and a fun one to do in a game (I FIND IT FUN!)... but that is irrelevant in the end. It is still a glitch. It has been fixed.
If you use an outdated patch to exploit its bugs... you are simply cheating.

game.cheat bzflying

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Nielk1

I don't like how flying was stopped, but I don't like it either so...

BBB is a bit... passionate.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

QuoteWow MTS, I thought you hated 1.2.
No, I played 1.2 strat for ages... I hate having to jump in and out of the recy to get cheapy chains for my thugs, I hate early game rec hovering and I hate the warping scouts, all of these exploits reduce the players enjoyment and the viability of the strat game.

I hope that we get 1.3/4 developed to a point were even those notorious vets choose it over 1.2.
Flying,s gone, Map specific gravity is in!!!
Recycler variants can provide an huge range of modified and new units to customise the game to our liking.

QuoteIf you use an outdated patch to exploit its bugs... you are simply cheating.
No, they are just playing the game they are used to. Cheating is where one side fails to follow the rules observed by the other.
The problem with 1.2 Vetstrat now is that the skill level needed to command competatively are way beyond what most people can or want to give. I stopped playing it mostly because I got fed up with waiting ages for someone to take command of the other team before the game had even started...

Ac/dc

Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 04, 2009, 03:42:25 PM
It wont be long before you will see some foolish 1.2 vet show up and try to justify the 1.2 exploits, and a flamewar starts.

My advice is to delete this topic. Sorry AHadley.

(EDITED FOR SPELLING AND CLARITY).

Isnt it ironic that you post about foolish vets starting up a flamewar, and yet you were the one that ended up starting a flamewar anyway right here.

Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 05, 2009, 04:38:04 AM
The 1.2 community is a group of hackers and cheaters.

bigbadbogie

What flamewar? I don't see one...

I see a legitimate argument.

Isn't it not ironic that a 1.2 player arrives and attacks the person defending 1.3.
Jesus. This is like frikkin deja vu.

Please lock this topic to prevent any more of the same rubbish which has already overfilled this forum
for the last 6 years.

And a message to all:

Please stop posting new topics about 1.2 glitches. You can see what they always have and always will lead to.

My BZ2 mods:

Ac/dc

Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 06, 2009, 02:26:12 AM
What flamewar? I don't see one...
What flamewar?
Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 05, 2009, 04:38:04 AM
I find it utterly disrespectful to the 1.3 patch makers who have dedicated a downright astonishing amount of time to the project, seeing people only playing 1.2 just because they enjoy screwing around with old bugs. The 1.2 community is a group of hackers and cheaters. And I will not back down from that claim regardless of how people try to justify them.

I enjoy a good match too. But only with the purity of play which is 1.3. :)
Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 05, 2009, 10:26:01 PM
Yes ZA, we all know how fun cheating in otherwise perfectly legit games can be. Don't you just love ruining the game completely? Fun isn't it. I personally love seeing miserable people with nothing better to do than cheat and hack their way past your defences to destroy your recycler while floating in mid-air where you can't shoot them. [\sarcasm]
which provoked this
Quote from: Zero Angel on March 05, 2009, 10:36:25 PM
Wow, you really are an egocentric little kid arent you? I really am not upset, its just an observation i'm making.

Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 06, 2009, 02:26:12 AMIsn't it not ironic that a 1.2 player arrives and attacks the person defending 1.3.
Jesus. This is like frikkin deja vu.

obviously its not defending 1.3 since there was no one attacking 1.3 in the first place in this topic. and infact 1.2 being attacked, which some of my previous quotes of you in this post suggests

Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 06, 2009, 02:26:12 AM
Please lock this topic to prevent any more of the same rubbish which has already overfilled this forum
for the last 6 years.

yes! lock the topic before acdc gets to reply!

bigbadbogie

A flamewar is when you attack people personally and go hysterical with unfounded insults.

Attacking 1.2 is the same thing as defending 1.3.

Quote from: Ac/dc on March 06, 2009, 04:32:02 AM
yes! lock the topic before acdc gets to reply!

Preferably. This topic is on the verge of a meltdown... just like the last 5000 ones like this.

My BZ2 mods:

mrtwosheds

Maybe those who choose to hurl insults could just go and read another thread, while those of us who know what we are talking about, discuss strat games and strategy? Or do we need to use some sort of code when refering to the various versions?

Zero Angel

Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 05, 2009, 11:11:04 PM
Yes. That is exactly what I am, when I am aggravated.
Nonetheless, I wont turn this into a flame battle as you obviously just tried to.

Good then please stop saying things like:
QuoteThe 1.2 community is a group of hackers and cheaters.

That's obviously a challenge or provokation. Its like shoving someone and then expecting them not to punch you in the face.

I play 1.2 very passionately, and have cheated (ie: 'real' cheats, not the things you subjectively consider exploits) less than 4 times throughout the entire 7 years I played BZ2.
{bac}Zero Angel

Nielk1

If this gets locked, it is just like BZ2Maps where Ego posts something contrary to everything in the thread then locks it. (Almost always a 1.3 related post.) Rise above that.

And BBB, do try to calm down a bit, just a bit. We all love you, but, don't implode.

Click on the image...