• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone 2 Community Project for 1.3?

Started by AHadley, June 17, 2009, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheesepuffly

Quote from: TheJamsh on June 18, 2009, 02:20:41 AM
I have a MUCH better idea...

Lets wait for 1.3 development to be finalised.

Stupidest idea ever.

But yeah i doubt 1.3 will ever be finished, it will just be patch after patch.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Clavin12

What exactly is a community project? A mod put together by everyone here?
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

It's literally what it sounds like.  A bunch of members of the community work together to make a mod.  Obviously the people do what they're good at and submit assets to the dev leader for inclusion in the mod.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

cheesepuffly

Precisely, Forgotten Enemies was a CP and a great one, lots of talent there. So will Remembered Allies be Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

technoid

Quote from: Clavin12 on June 18, 2009, 02:54:23 PM
What exactly is a community project? A mod put together by everyone here?

Basically, yes. Not 'everyone', but a 'lot' more people than with the other mods. Check out the credits on Forgotten Enemies.  I played a minor role beta-testing the first few SP missions (commissioned by Lizard), but unfortunately my name wasn't listed.

I still think the next CP should be titled "Forgotten Enemas" (sorry, a joke I made several years back). 

cheesepuffly

I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

ScarleTomato

The whole game the AI tries to surprise attack you from behind  :-D

Nielk1

Quote from: ScarleTomato on June 18, 2009, 04:49:01 PM
The whole game the AI tries to surprise attack you from behind  :-D

With water guns.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

So when is development going to start? Maybe we should create an official thread for it and elect a dev leader to lead it.
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on June 18, 2009, 05:28:08 PM
So when is development going to start? Maybe we should create an official thread for it and elect a dev leader to lead it.

From what I've read here, never.
There are numerous mods that might gain the status already in production but I do not see a new mod forming for this cause.

Click on the image...

cheesepuffly

Everybody finishes their current mod, then everyone helps everyone else whom has not finished. Then once all thats done we work on RA. Maybe a year of all the great 1.3 modders working together could make some fantastic.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Axeminister

Well newest patches are supposed to make it easier for the modders. A lot of the fixes were done so peoples mod would work. So it shouldn't be a duanting task. Not near as hard as FE had to have been.
I for one would love a change of course. Like Red Orchestra was to UT2004. Totally nothing to do with the story line. Super villains that can conjure up hordes of mechanical minions vs U.S. Marines and their new super weapons created by scientists after discovering how to make a sentient transforming alloy.
Anything besides terrans versus aliens.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

TheJamsh

The BZ2 engine is very directed towards the game it was designed for though, you wouldnt be able to pull off a lot of things without .dll help.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

cataclisto

I used to enjoy making up stories for bz2...
My favorite story was the ISAF (Interplanetary Space Attack Fleet)

I don't feel like writing it down as I don't have my original script next to me at the moment, but it would fit into 1.3 with all the newer assault unit types :p