• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone 2 Community Project for 1.3?

Started by AHadley, June 17, 2009, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

how bout we see who is working on stuff already and get an estimate of when theyll be done. We'll also need some volunteer candidates to be dev. leader. After the volunteers make themselves known vote! :lol:
C l a v i n 1 2

General_Hoohah

I'd love to be a part of it. I have a LOT of ideas (some I haven't even shared), and a great story I've already shown you guys. The ISDF needs an overhaul and I've got the ideas and concepts down already. I'd just need a modeler to finish the work for me. I've already done half of it.
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

cheesepuffly

I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

VSMIT

Most of the more ambitious mods (Serenesis/Perfidious/aRc) have just started recently, so they're not going to be done for a long time.  The ones that are closest to completion right now are probably BZC and HE.  It's going to be a while.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

cheesepuffly

I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

General_Hoohah

I'm going to tell you guys why I dissapeared for so long. The last time I was here, this same thing happened. A bunch of people wanted to start a new community mod, but no one with any talent joined and it turned out to be just a bunch of bickering children fighting for control when nothing was ever going to get done in the first place. >.> I felt sick and just left, cause I really wanted to accomplish something. I was really let down by the whole thing and just left. Lets please not go down that road again. If you have nothing real to contribute, then to be honest, I think your vote shouldn't count. Only people who will participate and actually accomplish something and help with the mod. I hate to sound course, but after last time... can you really blame me?

Nielk1

If a group of people wouldn't mind helping me out we might get a ton of nice mods out there. I have as many as 10 things started. I always wanted my Factions idea to be a community type mod, but I found only myself designing all the races/factions for it.

Click on the image...

cheesepuffly

I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Nielk1

Quote from: cheesepuffly on June 20, 2009, 07:47:50 PM
I think BZRAP should be a CP XD.

It technically will be if you think about it.

Click on the image...

Shadow Knight

A 1.3 CP might be a nice thing to get me modding again. I've lost interest in it for the time being due to running out of ideas and i haven't heard anything from Steeveeo in AGES regarding the SRV campaign.

Just a name to throw into the suggestions on here: Gaiadammerung. Apocalypse, trying to find a new earth, possibly settling on Mire, etc. Finding new race, all that good stuff.

Nielk1

Well, I am glad to see story line ideas going around that I already have written into something.

Anyone want to help out with Factions?

Poor Canada is all by it's loansome with one tank and a special device.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Stuff Canada, we've got a CP! :P

I would say we should have one of our super-modders as a dev. leader... Overmind, Avatar, NK1... I would say Fishbone but he doesn't come by any more. Not that any of these guys will have the time, of course.

General_Hoohah

Like I said, I have a list of ideas and concept designs. PLENTY of stuff, believe me. I just need an outlet for my creativity.

Just keep in mind I'm not a modeler, I'm a concept artist and thats as far as it goes. I can also help with voice acting, stock photography, nature textures, metal textures, etc. I have a Sony 8.1 camera with macro.

Someone mentioned the story I posted would be great for this project. Any thoughts to it being used? I think its a great story. It introduces an enemy that you'll WANT to fight, has lots action, factions within the earth forces, and a newly reinvented ISDF.

Here's a link to it http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,9478.0.html, but keep in mind that's a rough draft and it has to be reworked to work for BZ2.

You know what, I'll get started on it right now. But first I have to ask, what year do all the stories end with the EDF? What year is it safe for a new story to start?

Nielk1

Any year and time. BZ2 has two alternate endings, as such mods do not need to rely on anything for their bases. A mod can entirely be, what if all of BZ2 happened and the Scion ending, but then the Scions never got nuked? The ISDF was never replaced with the EDF, things didn't change, the Scions were still on Dark Core/New Core/Dark Planet.

Click on the image...