• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

LT's Recycler Variant

Started by Lordtac, June 30, 2009, 02:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

Quote from: TheJamsh on July 06, 2009, 12:56:28 PM
patch13.pak is part of the BZ2 1.3 patches.

Get TA5, and then its in youre root directory. Note that you WILL have to use TA5 if you ever expect people to download or use a recycler variant...

Lordtac

alright and just to be clear this is not just "Modding the recycler".

What I intend to do is make an entire varient (like greenhearts with all the different vehicles and such) moreover I intend to change specific vehicle properties such as ammo/hp/armor and weapons damage ammo etc.

can this all be done from the recycler or need I dive deeper?

EDIT:

Apparently I need to dive MUCH deeper to mod the units and weapons, can anyone point me towards the "vehicals" pak (right now I think its the data.pak but not sure) They don't seem to be in patch13

EDIT2: nvm found it. for referances

patch13.pak
   - objects
          - ISDF
                 - Vehicles

Creator of LTRV
Overall: 34%
Break Down

ISDF:
Units: 15% \ Tech Tree: 100%
Buildings:30% \ Weapons: 15%
Experimental: 10%

FURY:
Units: 0% \ Tech Tree: 0%
Buildings: 0% \ Weapons: 0%
Experimental: 0%

VSMIT

Everything's in patch13.pak.
Vehicles:
patch13.pak>addon>objects>isdf>vehicles>
patch13.pak>addon>objects>fury>vehicles>

Weapons:
patch13.pak>addon>weapons>
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Lordtac

I just discovered that a moment before your post... thanks :D

Ok time to get technical. I know the code but not what files I need to change.

ok I have a ton of choices in the way of file names. but to be more specific the one with the most information in it appears to be ivscout.ODF

would I just edit "that one file" or am I required to edit all the smaller files.

I guess what I'm asking for is (What is the MINIMUM I'm required to have in a vehicles definition files) I already know I need the actual visual form ".msh" basic definition ".ODF" and setup.

but can it be narrowed down from the 25 files I'm looking at?

EDIT: I can post a screen shot of what I'm looking at if it makes things easier.

EDIT2: any chance I could get someone in a chat for quick assistance? I wanna get alot of work done tonight.
Creator of LTRV
Break Down

ISDF:

FURY:

GSH

ivscout.odf is the base ODF. Other recycler variants use ivscout.odf as a base, and override only certain fields. Look for ivscout_*.odf.

Everything starts from a recycler vehicle ODF. It details what it turns into. And from there, what can be built. So, most recycler variants need to provide ODFs for recycler vehicle, recycler building, construction rig, and factory -- you need to override the fields in the base ODFs to point to your ODFs when you want, and you've got to go from the base of the tree to what you edit. Look at some recycler variants, starting at the recycler vehicle odf for how they do that, and how little is needed. The top few levels of a recycler variant are tiny bits of editing.

-- GSH

Lordtac

that didn't answer my question at all... I understand how the recycler and other units "link" to eachother in terms of construction.

But I have no idea what the minimum is for files. as far as I know when you look in the recycler directory there isn't just 1 recycler there. there's 5 or 6 all modded differently.

I was looking for what files were needed just for 1 scout version, I want to narrow it down to "only whats needed"

So again. What is the bare minimum required for a "scout" to work on all game settings (besides MPI I'm aware that requires AIP scripting)

and 2ndly the files are going to be put back into the patch13.pak so where any core-referances will still be. so I only really need the files I'm going to "mod" in order to change the vehicle.
Creator of LTRV
Break Down

ISDF:

FURY:

Nielk1

Find a link for and download MRVP. It is not for ta5, but it will work. It shows you many examples of recs or varying complexity.

Click on the image...

ScarleTomato

Code (ivscout_new.odf) Select

[GameObjectClass]
classLabel = "ivscout"

save this file as ivscout_new.odf in your addon folder and open the editor to place it in game.
That is the bare minimum for it to work (even in MPI)

if you've got some time tomorrow to chat i might be stuck up at work tomorrow and could chat on google chat.

Quote from: Lordtac on July 07, 2009, 09:29:47 PMand 2ndly the files are going to be put back into the patch13.pak so where any core-referances will still be.

absolutely do not put modified files back into the patch13.pak. Instead place them into the folder called addon in your root BZ directory

::edited to erase a problem with the naming of the file

Nielk1

Quote from: ScarleTomato on July 07, 2009, 11:17:02 PM
save this file as ivscout2.odf in your addon folder and open the editor to place it in game.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

existingodfname1.odf and existingodfname2.odf are NO NOs. You MUST NOT make them, EVER...

When existingodfname.odf is made in MP, the team # is appended to the end of the ODF. This has to do with weapon load outs from the factory panel IIRC. The danger number might go as high as 6. So, just to be safe, don't end in a single number from 0 to 9.

On a side note: ivrecy_n1.odf is ok because ivrecy_n will never be spawned in MP as it does not exist.

Click on the image...

ScarleTomato

So what happens if you make ivscout2? I'm not sure i understand what the error is that occurs. How would i go about creating the problem you're referring to?

Warfreak

BASICALLY...

The game creates for itself temporary .odfs so it can better keep track of things. In making a "blah1-6.odf", you endanger your odf from ever popping up in-game AND the temp odf of the Game always wins.

Just use "Blah_1-whatever.odf", as the game will never use underscores in it's temp files.

Red Spot

Quote from: ScarleTomato on July 08, 2009, 12:48:19 AM
So what happens if you make ivscout2? I'm not sure i understand what the error is that occurs. How would i go about creating the problem you're referring to?

An easy way to avoid it is by simply using the alfabet instead of numbers. (ivtanka, ivtankb, ivtankc, ......)

Warfreak,

Are you sure about that underscore thingy? So you can for instance use 'ivtank_a', 'ivtank_a1', 'ivtank_a2', .... ? (If so, how does the game handle customized units for those odf's ?
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Warfreak

Quote from: Red Spot on July 08, 2009, 09:41:07 AM
So you can for instance use 'ivtank_a', 'ivtank_a1', 'ivtank_a2', .... ? (If so, how does the game handle customized units for those odf's ?

Yes you can do that just fine, the game still creates "ivtank2.odf" even though yours is "ivtank_a1.odf". I know this from Nielk's experience with this problem while working on MRVP.

ScarleTomato

I honestly cannot find the problem yall are talking about. Iv'e played a whole MP game with ivscout and ivscout2 and found no problems. The reason I want to recreate it is so I can know exactly what the error is.

Well I did notice that the recycler builds ivscout1 all the time but coudn't make it make a temp ivscout2. Every time i changed the loadout in the recy menu it just modifies the ivscout1. And since you can only modify one of each odf in the recy theres not a way to have two different loadouts of the same odf. How did you make it get up to 6?

AHadley

Team 1 gets ivscout1
Team 2 gets ivscout2
Team 6 gets ivscout6

In multiplayer, there are only six playable teams.