• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

LT's Recycler Variant

Started by Lordtac, June 30, 2009, 02:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScarleTomato

ah i gotcha

well anyways lordtac (sorry for hijacking your thread :wink: ) It turns out i didn't have to go into work today, so i'm avaliable to chat.

Feared_1

Quote from: AHadley on July 08, 2009, 01:28:56 PM
Team 1 gets ivscout1
Team 2 gets ivscout2
Team 6 gets ivscout6

In multiplayer, there are only six playable teams.
Commander of team 1 is team 1
The 3 thugs on that team are teams 2-4 or 5
Commander of team 2 is team 6
The 3 thugs on that team are teams 7-9 or 10

At least that's what I've observed.

Lordtac

Quote from: ScarleTomato on July 08, 2009, 01:36:10 PM
ah i gotcha

well anyways lordtac (sorry for hijacking your thread :wink: ) It turns out i didn't have to go into work today, so i'm avaliable to chat.

Its alright.

I got a lot of work done on the mod last night, I figured out where everything was, how to make sub-menu's and even how to change the weapon hard-points around to my liking, but I didn't see that specific error.

I'll have to be careful with that.

so far I've only changed a few things.

1- recycler spits out my scout instead of stock
2- my scout uses AT-Stabs instead of miniguns
3- factory spits out MY walker instead of the normal one
4- My walker has 4 uses lasers and chainguns instead of Blast. although it can still pick up "cannons" over the laser hard-point which i still don't understand fully.

EDIT: I was told theres a program I can use to quickly check how my units are functioning (without opening battlezone2) can anyone tell me what program that is.
Creator of LTRV
Overall: 34%
Break Down

ISDF:
Units: 15% \ Tech Tree: 100%
Buildings:30% \ Weapons: 15%
Experimental: 10%

FURY:
Units: 0% \ Tech Tree: 0%
Buildings: 0% \ Weapons: 0%
Experimental: 0%

ScarleTomato

Quote from: Lordtac on July 08, 2009, 05:13:59 PMalthough it can still pick up "cannons" over the laser hard-point which i still don't understand fully.

the game looks at the name of the frames in the msh to determine what weapons it can pick up.
you need to change the names of the hp_cannon_1 and hp_cannon_2 frames in the XSI to hp_gun_3 and hp_gun_4

Lordtac

roger I'll look into that... ok how do I edit the "XSI"?
Creator of LTRV
Break Down

ISDF:

FURY:

Warfreak

Well, I would say Notepad but I realize some people dont realize when you do that you must rename ANY & ALL REFERENCES TO THE THING YOU ARE RENAMING.
Also, THREED IS NOT YOUR FRIEND, IT IS A XSI DESTROYING WHORE...

So yeah, either import them to your favorite modeling program, make fixes, export and test.. OR.. Notepad.  :-D

VSMIT

Open it in notepad.  Do a search for the HP you want to edit (in this case hp_cannon_1 and hp_cannon_2).  For every instance of hp_cannon_1, change it to hp_gun_3, and for every instance of hp_cannon_2, change it to hp_gun_4.  You will also have to change the odf to reflect the change from hp_cannon_1/2 to hp_gun_3/4.  Make sure that when you save this walker file, you've saved it as something other than ivwalk_skel.xsi.  Add your edited xsi and all of the animation xsi files (every ivwalk_.xsi file other than ivwalk_skel.xsi) to the addon folder.  Don't change the names of the animation files.  Also in the odf, change the line that has ivwalk_skel.xsi to reflect the change in file name.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

General BlackDragon

Remember to rename the xsi file something to avoid overwriting stock and make ur walker point to it. You shouldn't have to mess with the animation frames at all, but to build the mesh, you WILL have to put them in the addon folder with your new model for them to compile into the mesh.

There's an xsi pack on BZscrap wich should have the animations, the newest walker XSI *should* be in the 1.3TA5 modders data zip.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

I would like to note the issue is not your custom ODF will not be used, but that the engine's tmp will not. When testing a Fury ester egg GBD wants to put into BZC, we found that the GBD furies were pulling in the GBD2 furies for team two, and as such had no cost. I murdered him...

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

Yeah basically 1 and a half years ago i learned not to put numbers behind things :)

*****General BlackDragon*****

Lordtac

Alright I did everything you guys said above. for some "odd" reason I have to rename ALL XSI files associated with my unit. and then reflect it in the units code.

I have no idea what may have caused your idea's not to work on my end (just putting the skel.XSI in my units folder)

me and a friend tried it for hours changing things but only ended up making me restart all my work.

but to that end sense it wan't very much to begin with I made some head-way.

1-Recycler now has a sub-menu for scouts in which theres 3 scout types.

Scout 1- Normal scout, no changes "Scout"

Scout 2- My upgraded slightly heavier scout, uses AT-Stabs instead of chain guns with restricted turning and faster forward thrust. "Interceptor"

Scout 3- Another Upgraded one, Fires 3 FAF missiles alternativly, has much high armor then the standerd scout, more ammo to deal with missile, moves very slowly but turns rather fast "ShortJohn"

2- I created a new AT with the slug cannon as a primary weapon. thankfully the slug cannon recharges with the standerd weapons, and didn't produce any errors. this AT also moves a bit faster and has chain-guns instead of mortars. "Sniper Tank" (for lack of a better name)

3- The walker works marvelously but the AI seems to only wanna use its minigun (weak... so weak...) it moves much faster though.

4- Working on a "Fast Attack" sabre thinking about giving it tripple machine guns with a AT_Stab, less armor faster movement.
Creator of LTRV
Break Down

ISDF:

FURY:

Lordtac

alright I need some assistance yet again.

I am attempting to make a homing salvo missile type weapon, homes like the shadower but fires 4 or 5 missiles per lock. (or shot)
Creator of LTRV
Break Down

ISDF:

FURY:

Nielk1

Quote from: Feared_1 on July 08, 2009, 02:17:46 PM
Commander of team 1 is team 1
The 3 thugs on that team are teams 2-4 or 5
Commander of team 2 is team 6
The 3 thugs on that team are teams 7-9 or 10

At least that's what I've observed.

Missed this before. You forget about FFA.

Click on the image...

Lordtac

the salvo rckt is a [Cannon Class] and the shadower is a [Launcher Class]

how do I make a [Launcher Class] fire more then 1 missile per shot
Creator of LTRV
Break Down

ISDF:

FURY:

Nielk1

I believe there is a multilauncher class that lets you lock multiple times, hence multiple missiles. If you mean more than one for one lock, I'm not sure. I would just fiddle around with ODF lines personally.

The main thing is the Launcher Class passes a locked target onto the missile and Cannon Class doesn't, so what you end up doing now really depends on the exact behavior you want.

Click on the image...