• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

An example of increased knowledge of Blender and Modeling

Started by Clavin12, July 11, 2009, 03:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

You know that tutorial video in which you make a pawn? Well here's a bishop.

C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

I's a series of extrusions on a cylinder and a Boolean subtraction of a notch...

Click on the image...

Dark Scion Soldier

Aquatic: *on hold* 52% done overall.

Clavin12

Actually the notch was the result of extruding and pulling inward. It made little black ugly crease marks on the ends but i collapsed some edges and it all worked out.
C l a v i n 1 2

Clavin12

I was also wondering if modeling with the subsurf option is too much for bz2.
C l a v i n 1 2

Warfreak

Battlezone2 DOES have a Tri limit. (This is more limiting than one would think).

Subdivision, tessellation, spherifying and the like all add faces to the model. Too many faces and your model no longer can be used by BZ2.
Either learn to fake detail or make objects with as little detail in mind as possible.

Angstromicus

Hint hint... detailed textures! TA5 allows for huge texture sizes.

GSH

And ta5.1 will allow for higher poly counts. Not endlessly higher, but modders should have a bit more room to work in.

-- GSH

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Clavin12

I can show you it without subsurf. The battlezone models will not be this way. I think for battlezone models its esiest to use wings for making the basic geometry but this is good for textures, hardpoints, and such.
C l a v i n 1 2

bb1

Quote from: Nielk1 on July 12, 2009, 01:46:33 AM
Good god what is this a BLOB modeler?

You have issues...

When did all this cynicism start? Certainly not when I joined years ago. Dang.

Nice ant BTW.

AHadley

People don't like Clavin. His views are controversial. And until recently, he showed a complete lack of modding knowledge. Not something to hate him for, I'm sure he's a nice enough guy. He asks the right questions.

Warfreak

Ignore Nielk's attitude, he didn't sleep. :roll:

Clavin, i HIGHLY recommend posting pics of the FINAL model and not experimentations for future models, eyecandy is NOT something people need when ~2000 polies is all we got to use for in game model. (In other words, don't put peoples expectations too high.)

Nielk1

Quote from: bb1 on July 12, 2009, 02:41:07 PM
You have issues...

When did all this cynicism start? Certainly not when I joined years ago. Dang.

Nice ant BTW.
Quote from: AHadley on July 12, 2009, 02:43:47 PM
People don't like Clavin. His views are controversial. And until recently, he showed a complete lack of modding knowledge. Not something to hate him for, I'm sure he's a nice enough guy. He asks the right questions.
Quote from: Warfreak on July 12, 2009, 02:52:30 PM
Ignore Nielk's attitude, he didn't sleep. :roll:

Clavin, i HIGHLY recommend posting pics of the FINAL model and not experimentations for future models, eyecandy is NOT something people need when ~2000 polies is all we got to use for in game model. (In other words, don't put peoples expectations too high.)

Blob modeling is a type of modeling that is often used in Movies. Smartasses.

How about Googling for once. Twits...

I bet you dropped my Karma for something that was actually a compliment.

I don't know how to blob model.

Click on the image...