• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Aliens, exist or not?

Started by cheesepuffly, August 02, 2009, 12:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hybirdisdf

Quote from: Feared_1 on August 03, 2009, 11:20:57 AM

Two humans communicating with each other is very dangerous these days :/

You mean commucaton thur mind like esp?

cheesepuffly

Quote from: Feared_1 on August 03, 2009, 08:12:59 PM
No one has hard evidence. That is a fact, not an assumption.

SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE!!

There is no evidence that aliens exist or not, but there are much more theorems/reasons for them to exist.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Blue_Leader

I wouldn't doubt the existence of Aliens because there is so many worlds out there and we just haven't found one that could support Carbon based life-forms yet. But I doubt there would be a civilization that is far more advanced, like sci-fi advanced (Warp drives, Faster than Light speed travel) chances are they might be looking for us as well but the distance is space makes it nearly impossible but I'm sure, eventually we will find life and if not we will still keep searching.

cheesepuffly

Why the hell does it have to be carbon?!
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Feared_1

And think:

Why would someone WANT to visit us anyway?

Nielk1

Quote from: Feared_1 on August 04, 2009, 01:14:55 PM
And think:

Why, "To Serve Man" of course.

Click on the image...

Warfreak

WELL there have been many reasons speculated:

1. Resources.
2. The Hunt.
3. EXTERMINATE.
4. Our Immense Wisdom (lmao @ this one)
5. Vacation
6. Find the source of all the crap radio signals they picked up.
7. Kill the Idiot who sent a machine into space with a record strapped to it. (Left dent in their craft)

TONS of possibilities.

Clavin12

cheesepuffly, you dint put might exist
C l a v i n 1 2

Red Spot

Honostly said I think that thinking that there is no other lifeform in the universe than what we know from our own planet is rather ... er .. less smart .. How sentient they may be? I have no idea ...
We hardly even know how big the universe even is and when just counting suns we speak of billions, not even mentioning planets. It would imo be really weird if this planet would be the only planet in the entire universe that holds life.

On the question if we ever met them, only the ones with a very strong imagination ....  :roll:
(Imagine us travelling through space for years to than only have a looksee at an other sentient race and not make our presence known to them .... just think about the stuff we already send into space, including human DNA .. I'd imagine that any sentient race would probably send stuff into space long before they can actually move themselves into space and specially to other planets)

That said, I feel it could very well be possible that we are one of the older/oldest sentient races in the Uni.....
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Feared_1 on August 04, 2009, 01:14:55 PM
And think:

The same reason we would want to visit them: Exploration.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

mrtwosheds

QuoteThat said, I feel it could very well be possible that we are one of the older/oldest sentient races in the Uni.....
That would depend on how you define our age. Current thinking puts us at a mere few hundred thousand years, barely enough time for the neighbour's to come round going "aaaaw arn't they cute, coochy coochy coo" :-D.
Of course Our genetic ancestry is allot older than that, probably in the order of 3,800 million years.
The neighbour's could have been visiting at any point in that time and we would have no idea about it, lets face it Its only for about the past century or so that we could have any hope at all of making any sensible observations or records of such events. We are not an old race even compared to the other races on this planet.

Clavin12

I think our current way of dating fossils and such is way off and is giving us all wrong answers, leading us to believe that we are a million years old when we are only five or six thousand.
C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Clavin12 on August 05, 2009, 05:39:44 AM
I think our current way of dating fossils and such is way off and is giving us all wrong answers, leading us to believe that we are a million years old when we are only five or six thousand.

Yes... and did you also know that all cars can fly if you put them in the right gear for long enough?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Spot

Quote from: mrtwosheds on August 05, 2009, 04:44:53 AM
That would depend on how you define our age. Current thinking puts us at a mere few hundred thousand years, barely enough time for the neighbour's to come round going "aaaaw arn't they cute, coochy coochy coo" :-D.
Of course Our genetic ancestry is allot older than that, probably in the order of 3,800 million years.
The neighbour's could have been visiting at any point in that time and we would have no idea about it, lets face it Its only for about the past century or so that we could have any hope at all of making any sensible observations or records of such events. We are not an old race even compared to the other races on this planet.

Seeing that it takes 1000s or perhaps even 1.000.000s of years for sentient races to evolve and we have not found any indication of any other sentient race makes it easy to think it might be possible that we are one of the older sentient races.

In the end I know nothing, I'm just stating some possibilities :)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

VSMIT

Quote from: bigbadbogie on August 05, 2009, 06:07:34 AM
Yes... and did you also know that all cars can fly if you put them in the right gear for long enough?
And if you can believe that, I've got some nice real estate in south Florida you might be interested in.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.