• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Aliens, exist or not?

Started by cheesepuffly, August 02, 2009, 12:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheesepuffly

So.... you think we are alone in this universe or do we have friends light years away?

First of all those who say the bible says we are alone, that is BS. No where does it say that we are alone infact i do believe a verse in John scholars believe actually may support the theory of we are not alone.

Reason i say this is because if there is a God i do believe we must not be alone either that or the human race will still last for alot longer and we will colonize the universe, however if there is  not id say there is a more of a chance just one life having a planet.

So what do you believe, aliens wise?

A) They do not exist... period.

B) They exist, but we have not encountered them yet

C) They exist, and they have visited earth at some point.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Mr X

C

Because I don't beleive that some of the stories to explain UFO sightings are satisfactory.

Also, a lot of descriptions of aliens that have visited people seem to match. And don't give me anything about people making it up because they often can't remember until put under hypnosis, in which state they can't make it up.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

bigbadbogie

B

I do believe in aliens, but not in the way you mean. I reckon there are probably some kind of primative animals on a distant planet somewhere. I don't think that they would be as smart as or smarter than humans.

QuoteAlso, a lot of descriptions of aliens that have visited people seem to match.

Maybe because they all use the same clichéd description of big eyes and heads, slim bodies, saucer shape ships, flashing lights in the sky and of course; anal probing.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

hybirdisdf

Its a called ufo phemenon.People dont understand what exactly it is.it may be a satellite,space station,supply ship,old debris from gemini/apollo era.There is still debris from apollo era floating and slingslot between here and sun.It cant bring it down from above forever.

Nielk1

There are to many different non matching descriptions of aliens given actually.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

It is very very unlikely that this planet alone harbours life, I suspect though that very few "life zones" produce beings capable of travel between stars, there is no immediate evolutionary need to do so, unless your a bunch of dimwits who mess your home up so much that you have too...
I can't see why BBB thinks we are so smart, on some measures Humans are the dumbest bunch of own nest soiling cretins this planet has yet produced.

Mr X

Well, flying saucers could be cliche, but there was a french luitenant who worked out that if you wanted to run a craft using radiation from the sun you would need to have a large circular plate, so you'd have a large circular craft. Also, this method of flying would be practically silent.

And okay, maybe the descriptions of the aliens could be stemming from a cliched idea, but how do you explain the matching physical afflictions that victims often have as a result?
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Axeminister

C

But instead of aliens it's more likely we were placed here to colonize the planet and left unattended for a purpose. Probably by beings like us. We may be in a galaxy far away from the war that is really going on. And we may be here to preserve the human race. They'll most likely contact us and tell us where not to explore to avoid the warzones once we achieve space flight past our solar system. Or they may not for fear of leading the enemy to Earth! Anyone that may have been abducted from here is probably set up with colonizing another planet.
All this talk is scary, I'm scaring myself! Makes me want to believe there's a higher being that is going to not let anything happen to us, lol. Oh ya, Christianity.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Warfreak

B)
There is just NO WAY the creation of the Universe spurred only ONE random incident of "The LifeSupporting Enviroment".
Sure there is no nearby place that can support Carbon Based life, but surely there is a place elsewhere among the stars. Maybe it even supports other kinds of live besides Carbon Based.  :-)

However, even though I say they most likely exist, doesn't mean I'm saying there is VASTLY Intelligent life ready to blow us to bits.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: Warfreak on August 02, 2009, 10:13:57 AM

Sure there is no nearby place that can support Carbon Based life, but surely there is a place elsewhere among the stars. Maybe it even supports other kinds of live besides Carbon Based.  :-)

True, there are probably other materials that can compose life. Supposedly i do believe scientists believe Saturn's moon Titan could support silicone based life.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

bigbadbogie

Quote from: mrtwosheds on August 02, 2009, 05:43:36 AM
I can't see why BBB thinks we are so smart, on some measures Humans are the dumbest bunch of own nest soiling cretins this planet has yet produced.

All you have to do is compare us to animals. We are infinitely more intelligent. Even some of the stupidest of us are smarter than most animals.

Oh... and the fact that we have achieved some incredible technological advances. The best that the animals have ever done are dams made of wood, nests and deep burrows underground.

We have built skyscrapers, cars, aircraft, spacecraft, for christs sake... we have even had men walking on the moon! There is just no comparison to that.

That is why I think we are so frikkin damn smart!!!

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: bigbadbogie on August 02, 2009, 04:44:20 PM
All you have to do is compare us to animals. We are infinitely more intelligent. Even some of the stupidest of us are smarter than most animals.

Oh... and the fact that we have achieved some incredible technological advances. The best that the animals have ever done are dams made of wood, nests and deep burrows underground.

We have built skyscrapers, cars, aircraft, spacecraft, for christs sake... we have even had men walking on the moon! There is just no comparison to that.

That is why I think we are so frikkin damn smart!!!

And yet animals are not destroying each other, or their planet. Hmmm.....
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

bigbadbogie

Quote from: cheesepuffly on August 02, 2009, 05:04:21 PM
And yet animals are not destroying each other

Um... you need to check your facts dude.

Quote from: cheesepuffly on August 02, 2009, 05:04:21 PM
or their planet

I was unaware we were destroying the planet... I thought we were just damaging it slightly.

My BZ2 mods:

Warfreak

Quote from: bigbadbogie on August 02, 2009, 04:44:20 PM
Even some of the stupidest of us are smarter than most animals.
I don't know... I've seen dogs make more intelligent decisions about what to do in a fire... Too bad for Bob. :-D

It's not exactly a matter of Intelligence but more or less Creativity. We are curious critters who will go at any length to achieve our goals. Our fellow Earthlings just do things as they have for their existance. WE are the risk takers, which is why we've gone so far.

@Anyone who ACTUALLY thinks it's just Humans "killing" the planet... We weren't around as long as the other lifeforms of Earth. When we hit the scene, it was already "dying". Put the pieces together. :P

cheesepuffly

Quote from: bigbadbogie on August 02, 2009, 05:51:30 PM
Um... you need to check your facts dude.

I was unaware we were destroying the planet... I thought we were just damaging it slightly.

Atleast in the way we do

And the ecosystem if we continue.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!