• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Proposed history for the 3rd Cthonian faction

Started by Mr X, August 27, 2009, 12:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should the third Cthonian faction be called?

Phosphornii
Phosphorii

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on September 04, 2009, 07:52:45 AM
Using whats already there anchors our story into history making it more interesting and believable.

Except our group is secret to the Hadeans and Olympian public, so how the heck would the puny Greek know?

Click on the image...

Clavin12

What if they made themselves known to the Greek without the other Cthonians knowing?
C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

What about a the "bio-something?" Bio- is greek enough, I think, and that could be a bonus as to why it's called "bio-metal."

Maybe Biothians? Bio*insert something here*

Clavin12

Bionians...Strange. Yes Bio is rooted in Greek. I still like the Chronii
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on September 04, 2009, 11:35:31 AM
What if they made themselves known to the Greek without the other Cthonians knowing?

Big if.

I suggest that we use the Greek language roots to create something all new, then write it in as something the Greeks slightly knew about (not in actual history, completely made up, but told in the same straight face way Stargate does it with Egypt).

(In one Stargate episode some alien wants to know about his mate, Amaroka, and they literally made up a thing about her and some Gould killing her in some non existent writing. I mean in the show they act like the writing is real and you could find it in a book in the library, but it really is not.)

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

But the Battlezone storyline has always been true to Greek mythology 100%... from the very start.

I'd really prefer that wasn't changed.

If only for continuity's sake...
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Mr X

Actually, I've just realised the futility of a poll, given that there are so many suggestions and everyone will just vote for their own :P

And actually, there may be a point with the whole they didn't visit Earth thing. We could go for anything greek sounding.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

iron maiden

Mr.X has a good point, if they did not visit earth, we could call them whatever we please. The hard part, finding a pleasing name.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Mr X

Yeah, so everyone go nuts :P I'll pick my favourite four or five (someone has to, or we'll end up with a poll with 20 or so options) and then there'll be a poll.
starting January 2010!

iron maiden

my two suggestions are mutated versions of the German and french translation of the word advanced respectively:

German: Vorankii

French: Evolarii

again, i like the double i ending.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Feared_1

Quote from: iron maiden on September 06, 2009, 09:48:24 AM
my two suggestions are mutated versions of the German and french translation of the word advanced respectively:
German: Vorankii

German "advanced", "modern", or "progressed" is "fortgeschritten". I don't see how "Vorankii" is a mutation of "fortgeschritten" :P

...Unless there is another way of saying it that I'm missing in my broken German :P

Nielk1

Amusing Greek language was influenced by the Cthonians and not the other way around, it would likely be a Greek sounding name even if it was not directly translatable.

Click on the image...

Mr X

How about something to do with pheonix's,

It fits because they rose from the fires of the Hadean Olympian war.
starting January 2010!