• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

MPI:Instant Dunes

Started by querfeldein, February 17, 2009, 01:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

querfeldein

Hello, does anybody knows the map

MPI:Instant Dunes

This is my favorite Map for 2 Player Multiplayer. But its too hard, does anybody know how
to make it easier ?

Or is there a post about MP Maps ?

thank you
querfeldein
Sanxion

GSH

With the 1.3pb# patch, click on 'Extra options' as the host (server) before launching. You can give yourself more starting units, adjust AI skills, scrap cheats, etc. Starting w/ a few walkers is a heck of an advantage.

-- GSH

querfeldein

It runs very fine with 1.3 beta 4a.

Yes i see this options, but they are not so easy to understand, are there notices about it ?

..more starting units....   this is good, but the AI Players have them too, and this makes me think bad about it ?

Adiust the AI Skills is a good idea, i will try it.

Is there a forum about Multiplayer in BZ2 ?

Sanxion

Steeveeo

Quote from: querfeldein on February 17, 2009, 03:59:43 PMthe AI Players have them too, and this makes me think bad about it ?
No they don't.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Sonic

Discussing Multiplayer or asking questions about Maps fits in this forum here. Questions/Discussions about MAKING maps goes in the "Maps and Mods" sub-forum. Thus you are in the right spot.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

mrtwosheds

QuoteThis is my favorite Map for 2 Player Multiplayer. But its too hard, does anybody know how
to make it easier ?
Take your starting turrets and defend that center pool right at the start, make sure you get the other 3 pools near your base,
Build 2 constructors, upgrade at least 3 pools as soon as you can, build powergens at base and then a com bunker at the center pool add as many GTs as you can, now build the rest of the base...

AHadley

Easy settings, and give yourself a snazy variant like GreenHeart or Steeveeo's... I love them :)

Arbystrider

As a host, turn on weapon linking (On options and use right mouse), have MAX starting units, make the AIP set to Wug's Level 1, and yeah, use SRV, MRVP (once 2.0 comes out) or GreenHeart Variant. I highly recommend SRV for the sake of having a long living base.

Next time, use GH Firestorm... MUCH easier and fun...
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

querfeldein

there is no option with the right mouse and what is AIP, Wug's and Greenheart ?

Where can i put the seetings easy ?

Is there a manual to this options ?

Sanxion

Steeveeo

Check pages 2 and 3 for more options, and set ai scrap cheat to 0. The PB4a devteam took the already high-volume scrap cheat from PB3, and upped it to insane levels.

IOW, setting the Scrap Cheat to 1 in PB4a is the same as setting it to 3 in PB3.

Also, there are two other pages there, the links are at the bottom, and they contain the AIP skill level and the starting vehicles.

Arbystrider

Make all the settings with "AI" to 0, then change the AIP set to Wug's level 1, then choose GreenHeart Variant. GreenHeart and Wug are BZ2 members. Also make starting vehicles MAX.

Steeveeo

Also, querfeldein, when I get the chance, I can setup a training game for ya if you need it.

Arbystrider

I was about to post that!!!

So, will you set up a MPI Dunes game and teach him simple maneuvers (Like weapon linking, dogfight maneuvers, marking targets) and how to command properly? That's what I'd do.

querfeldein

now its better, thank you all for the answers...

cu in game
Sanxion

TheJamsh

i wonder if this is why people get driven away from BZ2 because of difficult-to-comprehend MP layout? i know it was for me when i first played MP.

everyone left is a modder so its fine for them. hmm. maybe im just talking Service Trucks

no i didnt swear, but it gave me a lift inside typing that

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.